Windows 11 Insider Preview 22454.1000 (rs_prerelease)

Copper Contributor

Windows Update Install Error - 0x80070241 on latest build. I have had no problem with previous builds. I have not had a response from Feedback Hub. Anyone got any ideas, I would be grateful

4 Replies
Usually, error 0x80070241 indicates that the required installation files may be corrupted or unable to copy. Try running Update troubleshooter, let us know if it helps.

If that doesn't helps, you can try resetting your existing build and then try upgrading.

If you want you can also try downloading the ISO from the Microsoft Insider Program website, and try to manual install the build update from there. In this case it will be 22454. I've done that in the past if I had an issue downloading a build. Keep in mind you can't download and install a lower build (like a Beta Channel build) only the build you're trying to update too. Make sure you pick to keep all your apps, files, settings when it asks if you want too or not. It takes a little longer to install than the update form Windows Update, but it's the alternative way to getting the update if it's failing to come through Windows Update for you. Here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewiso

Thanks, I ended up having to do a clean reinstall
Thanks. I ended up having to do a clean install