Windows 11 faulty

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I really hope you can help me. I own a new Asus Zenbook14, which was running smoothly on Windows 10 for 2 months, then Windows 11 became available free of charge and I upgraded. However, I've been having issues with it ever since. Could pls a MS technician come back to me and let me know if and how these can be fixed? I'm not planning to continue paying for an operating system which lets me down everyday. Please see below:

1. Every time the computer is not used for a while and goes to sleep, Windows will then freeze when I attempt to wake it up, to the point that I have to turn it off by forcefully pressing on the power button and then switch it back on;

2. Same happens if I close the lid and reopen it;

3. Recently, while I was in the middle of an online job interview, the computer just went to sleep out of the blue - the screen became all dark and nothing could wake it up, until, magically it decided to wake up without any apparent reason.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Silviya

3 Replies

@sdoneva 

Hi I think that too short your computer is turned on to power and connected to the Internet, but of course I guess - if so it is not properly updated.

Leave the power on overnight and let it be asleep (automatically the system will perform maintenance)

Of course, download the update - some need your permission to download and install , but before that, restart the computer - this is important for proper operation.

Hi @A1 and thanks for your reply. My system, however, says I'm all up to date, so it must be something else. Could anyone advise how I can speak to a Microsoft support agent to get this sorted?

Thanks 

@sdoneva 

If Windows is up to date - it's better to download the latest drivers from the computer manufacturer -> I would do so
Good luck

Official Support | ASUS Global