Windows 11 bug report (sound issue)

Brass Contributor

When I go to the bottom right corner of my taskbar to open the menu to use the sound adjuster it is always showing muted when I open it until I adjust it, and then when I reopen it, it shows it's muted but it isn't.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

2 Replies

@Ari_Goldsmith 

Windows 11  (and Windows 10 has the same issue) will not work with a USB Audio device with a microphone input.      I've tested my hardware and it all works fine including the microphone.

Audio output on the USB audio device works fine.

The USB audio device and the microphone all get detected when I plug them in, and I can select it as my input device,   but when the "USB Sound Device/Microphone" input is selected I get no  audio input.

Using the Device Manager I've deleted all the device drivers for the USB device, then unplugged and replugged it in, and the same issue happens again.   Everything is detected, but it does work as a microphone input.

In "Device Manager",   under "Audio Inputs and Outputs", the "Microphone (USB Sound Device)"/Properties shows the following events:

Device settings for SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.1.00000000}.{a58cd733-82bb-4cd4-bb9c-b0858b6713ff} were not migrated from previous OS installation due to partial or ambiguous device match.

Last Device Instance Id: SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{512120ef-3558-4ab7-a71c-f0201bbdfe1c}
Class Guid: {c166523c-fe0c-4a94-a586-f1a80cfbbf3e}
Location Path:
Migration Rank: 0xF00000000000F120
Present: false

By the way, I tried multiple laptop and desktop Windows 10 machines, and one Windows 11 laptop,  and they all show this same behavior.     In searching the Internet I've seen many others have the same issues.

Can Microsoft get someone to fix this bug?

Windows 10 and Windows 11 users will be happy to see this fixed.

Thanks,

Joe

I missed the word NOT and meant to say it does NOT work after deleting and reinstalling the device in device manager. Everything is auto detected when you plug it in - but unfortunately the microphone input does not work.