Windows 11 2nd monitor cause CPU usage high to suspend

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone, I met a strange problem, when I use laptop monitor without any problem, but if I try to connect HDMI interface to 2nd monitor, and then I met the below issues in almost same time:

1. laptop was blank, all content shown on the 2nd monitor, and I tried to use windows key+P, no response and not show screen selected menu as usual, so impossible to change any screen and monitor setting

2. meanwhile I found CPU usage got higher, especially for system process--ntoskrnl.exe, but not reach 100%, but task manager will not response to show any performance view anymore. 

3. taskbar will be no response. click any 

The above issues will be immediately disappeared when unplug 2nd monitor.

another way to solved the above issue was to deleted Intel Iris plus graphic driver, use windows default driver, but there is no function for 2nd monitor.

Basic information: 

whatever use Intel iris plus graphic driver from microsoft itself or from Intel, the same result as above.

Anyone can hep? TIA

Zhou

1 Reply
Try open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and report this issue.
Try visit the Intel's support website and see if there is any new driver for your device?
If yes, then update it.
You may contact their support too.
Take a look at:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support.html