SOLVED

WiFi drops 2 minutes after wakening or boot up

Copper Contributor

I honestly cannot see much difference in use between Win 10 and 11 for me and for one reason I wish I had not bothered..

The frustrating WiFi drop shortly after starting up. I use the internet on the pc long enough to forget it is going to drop out and worse if in a Zoom meeting.

I have auto connect on and when i lose WiFi i have to manually restart it (box is ticked) The connection rarely if ever drops when i manually connects after the dropout.. I have researched this but most answers are for continually dropping out

HELP!.. I can't go back to Win 10 apparently where this type of thing never happened. it was always reliable with the same hardware.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Grazuncle (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Try run Windows Update and download and install all updates.
Visit your device's manufacturer website and download and install the latest Wi-Fi driver.
Open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and report this issue.
That's a quick reply! Thanks Reza

I'll try that out:thumbs_up::thumbs_up:
Welcome, try them out and let us know about the result.
Make sure file a report in the Feedback Hub app too.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Grazuncle (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Try run Windows Update and download and install all updates.
Visit your device's manufacturer website and download and install the latest Wi-Fi driver.
Open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and report this issue.

View solution in original post