SOLVED

Why is Windows 10 not upgrading to Windows 11?

Copper Contributor

Hello! I have a question about Windows 10 upgrading to Windows 11.

I have noticed that on my PC, a Lenovo IdeaPad L340, that runs Windows 10, has the capabilities to run Windows 11. When I checked for updates, the message saying that I can upgrade to Windows 11, wasn't there. The PC Health Check app said my PC can run Windows 11.

I'm a little confused. Anyone know why this is happening & how to troubleshoot it? I tried rebooting my device & that did nothing. There is an update that is available for Windows 10, but when I rebooted my device, it said "Working on updates" so is that why Windows 11 isn't available? Thanks in advance!

10 Replies

Please be patient.
The system has built-in diagnostic tools - if it is not ready for installation, it will not perform the action - this is normal.
Alright, thanks! I thought that was an error with the OS itself.
best response confirmed by Mythik_JOfficial (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Mythik_JOfficial 

This is a standard notification - which everyone receives , installing Windows11 will happen automatically no need to speed it up .

@Mythik_JOfficial 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Tech Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the Windows 11 space - please post Windows 11 questions here in the future. 

You screenshot shows there is pending update, let it complete and restart your PC and check for update again.
You don't have to do anything and just wait for the update to become available.
Oh, ok. I'm still new to this so thanks for that.
UPDATE ON MY WINDOWS THING:
I got Windows 11 today! It looks like I just had to wait for a day or two for the update to rollout to me, I guess.

@Mythik_JOfficial 

Just download it and don't wait for windows updates. You can download it from MSFT directly at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11 

@Mythik_JOfficial 

Can you please help me? I have the same laptop but I still haven't received the update.

@Bulletzzz619 

HI I think the easiest way will be to download the update assistant, it will prepare the components for installation - just download - your settings and files will remain unchanged.

This assistant is for those who wish to:
Upgrade a Windows 10 PC to Windows 11.

Before you begin, check to see if the following conditions apply to you:
You have a Windows 10 license.
Your PC must have Windows 10, version 2004 or higher installed to run Installation Assistant.
Your PC meets the Windows 11 device specifications for upgrade requirements and supported features. Certain features require additional hardware. We also recommend that you visit your PC’s manufacturer’s website for information about updated drivers and hardware compatibility.
Your PC must have 9 GB of free disk space to download Windows 11. "

Download Windows 11 (microsoft.com)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Mythik_JOfficial (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Mythik_JOfficial 

This is a standard notification - which everyone receives , installing Windows11 will happen automatically no need to speed it up .

View solution in original post