What to do to recover deleted WhatsApp messages from Android on computer?

Copper Contributor

I am encountering a critical issue and seeking assistance on how to recover deleted WhatsApp messages from Android on Winodws 11 computer. Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted some important WhatsApp conversations that hold significant sentimental and informational value. As I'm unaware of any built-in restoration feature within WhatsApp, I am unsure of how to recover deleted WhatsApp messages from Android. I require guidance and suggestions that can help me successfully recover those invaluable conversations from my Android.

6 Replies

WhatsApp provides a feature for backing up chat history, which includes messages, media, and documents, to a local storage on your device as well as the option to back up to Google Drive on Android devices. This local backup feature can be particularly useful for recovering deleted WhatsApp messages from Android on computer if you haven't backed up your chats to Google Drive or prefer to restore messages from a more recent local backup.

By default, WhatsApp for Android is set to back up your chats to local storage on a daily basis. However, the frequency of these backups can sometimes vary based on the app's settings and the device's configuration.

Local backups are stored in the WhatsApp folder of your device's internal memory or external SD card, if available. The backup files are located in the "Databases" folder within the main WhatsApp folder.

Hi. Here are the steps you can follow to recover deleted WhatsApp messages from Android on your computer:

1. Download and install a third-party Android data recovery software on your computer such as Androidphonesoft Android Data Recovery.

2. Connect your Android device to the computer using a USB cable.

3. Launch the installed data recovery software and wait for it to detect your Android device.

4. Select the option to recover WhatsApp messages from your device and begin the scan.

5. Once the scan is complete, the software will display a list of all the recoverable WhatsApp messages on your Android device.

6. Select the deleted WhatsApp messages you want to recover and click on the "Recover" button.

7. Choose a location on your computer to save the recovered WhatsApp messages.

8. Wait for the recovery process to complete.

9. Open the saved WhatsApp messages on your computer.

In this way, you can recover deleted WhatsApp messages from Android on your Windows computer.
Certainly! Here you can get 2 methods to recover deleted WhatsApp messages from Android phone on your pc:

Method 1: Restore from Recent Backup
1. Uninstall WhatsApp from your Android device.
2. Reinstall WhatsApp and verify your phone number.
3. During the setup process, WhatsApp will detect a backup and ask if you want to restore your chats. Tap on "Restore" to recover deleted WhatApp messages from Android.

Note: This method relies on having a recent backup available, and it will replace your current chat history with the restored backup.

Method 2: Local Database Restore (Root Required)
1. Root your Android device (be cautious as this might void your warranty and carry risks).
2. Using a file manager app, navigate to the following location on your device: "sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases".
3. Find the file named "msgstore.db.crypt12" and rename it to "backup-msgstore.db.crypt12".
4. Locate the most recent backup file with a date, such as "msgstore-yyyy-mm-dd.1.db.crypt12".
5. Rename the file to "msgstore.db.crypt12".
6. Uninstall WhatsApp and reinstall it.
7. During the setup process, WhatsApp will detect the backup and ask if you want to restore your chats. Tap on "Restore" to recover the deleted WhatApp messages from Android.

@Cronkite 

In my opint, one of the best and fast methods to recover deleted WhatsApp messages from Android is by using Google Drive backup.

Note: For this method to work, you must have previously enabled the "Back up to Google Drive" option in your WhatsApp settings. Also, ensure that you are using the same Google account that was used for the backup.

It's important to note that this method will only retrieve messages that were backed up to Google Drive. If you haven't enabled the backup feature or the backup doesn't contain the deleted messages, this method may not be effective. In such cases, you may need to rely on third-party data recovery tools or professional services, which may come at a cost.

What's app is not a Microsoft product and is not related to Windows.
I advise you to look into their support website:
https://faq.whatsapp.com/

Back up any data on your phone so it can be easily recovered at a critical moment.