What's the best HEIC to JPG converter for my Windows 11?

Copper Contributor

I'm currently searching for an efficient solution to convert HEIC files to JPG format. Since I often need to handle numerous photos from my iPhone, which saves images in HEIC format by default, I find it necessary to convert these files into a more universally accepted format like JPG. The main challenge I'm facing is finding a best HEIC to JPG converter that maintains high-quality outputs without substantial loss in image detail, especially when dealing with a large volume of photos.  Could anyone recommend a reliable HEIC to JPG converter that meets these criteria? Any suggestions on software or online tools that have worked well for you would be greatly appreciated.

13 Replies
How many heic images you are trying to converter? For small amount, you can go and try the online heic to jepg converter. However, you can only convert one heic image at one time.

For bulk conversion, please download and try the desktop heic to jpeg converter instead. They can convert dozens of heic images to jpg per time.

@Grace115 

Sure! I've personally had to deal with converting HEIC to JPG a few times, especially when sharing photos with friends who can't open HEIC files on their devices. Here’s how I usually handle it:

I mainly use TunesBro HEIC Converter application for this task. It’s an offline HEIC to JPG converter tool,  I just drag and drop my HEIC files into the software, set the output to JPG, and it does the rest. What I really like is that it maintains the image quality really well, even when I'm converting a bunch of photos at once.

For bulk conversions, especially when I’m dealing with hundreds of photos from a trip or event, it also did good job in batch processing, I can convert all my photos in one go. It’s pretty easy to use too. The quality of the JPG files it produces is quite impressive—no noticeable loss in detail, which is crucial for preserving those memories in good clarity.

Try it free here: https://www.sysgeeker.com/blog/heic-to-jpg-on-windows-11-10.html

heic_view_1.png

I hope this helps you find the right tool for your needs! If you try either of these options, I think you’ll find they do a pretty good job with both quality and ease of use.

There are several good HEIC to JPG converters available for Windows 11. Here are some popular options to consider:

1. TunesBro HEIC Converter - This software is known for its fast and efficient conversion of HEIC files to JPG format. It also supports batch conversion and offers high-quality output images.

2. iMazing HEIC Converter - This tool is user-friendly and allows you to convert HEIC files to JPG or PNG format with ease. It also supports batch processing and preserves the original image quality.

3. Aiseesoft HEIC Converter - This converter offers quick and easy conversion of HEIC files to JPG, PNG, or other popular image formats. It allows you to adjust the image quality and supports batch conversion.

4. Wondershare UniConverter - Formerly known as Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate, this software also supports HEIC to JPG conversion along with a wide range of other multimedia-related tasks. It offers high-speed conversion and batch processing capabilities.

Ultimately, the best HEIC to JPG converter for you will depend on your specific requirements and preferences. It's a good idea to try out a few different options to see which one works best for you.

@Grace115 

I totally get the struggle with HEIC files! Since I've been asked about this before, I’ve come across a few good options that could help you. One of the most efficient solutions is using an online HEIC to JPG converter tool like iLoveIMG or CloudConvert. They’re great because they handle bulk conversions pretty smoothly and maintain good image quality, but you can only convert 5 files at a time. If you convert too many files, it will easily get stuck.

If you’re more into software solutions that don't rely on an internet connection, TunesBro HEIC to JPG Converter tool offers a neat way to import your HEIC photos and export them as JPG. It's also fantastic for batch processing without losing quality.

Each option has its strengths, so you might want to try a few to see which one fits your workflow best. Hope this helps!

@Daphnere  There are approximately 2000+ HEIC files that need to be converted to JPG or PNG files so that I can view them on my Windows 11 computer,  I tried a lot of online HEIC to JPG converters but were not satisfied, either I can only upload 20 at a time, or the conversion speed is too slow and there are a lot of ads .I'm looking for a best HEIC to JPG converter capable of converting hundreds of heics at once.

Try the Photos after installing HEIC Image Extensions from App Store, the built-in HEIC to JPG Converter on Windows 11.

The HEIF Image Extension allows Windows 11 devices to access and edit files saved in the High Efficiency Image File (HEIF) format, which typically have a .heic or .heif file extension. Images stored in HEIF files with the .heic extension are compressed using the HEVC format. To work with these files, the HEVC Video Extensions package must also be installed. Without the HEVC Video Extensions package, the HEIF Image Extension will not be able to handle .heic files.

Simply open the HEIC file in the Photos app, and then click on the "Save As" option to save the file in JPEG format.

@Grace115 

When it comes to a HEIC to JPG converter, I've had a good experience with a couple of options that handle bulk conversions effectively while preserving image quality.

Adobe Photoshop: If you have access to Photoshop, it's super reliable for converting HEIC files to JPG. You can process multiple files at once using the batch processing feature, which maintains high-quality outputs.

Online Converters: There are several online tools that can handle batch conversions without needing to install software. Websites like heictojpg.com have been pretty straightforward and effective for me. Just make sure you’re using a reputable site to protect your data.

Both options have served me well, keeping the image quality pretty much intact!

If you're looking to use the command line as a HEIC to JPG converter, ImageMagick is a highly effective tool that you can set up and use directly from CMD. Here’s a concise guide on how to do it:

Install ImageMagick: First, make sure you download and install ImageMagick from its official website. It’s important to include the legacy utilities like convert during the installation, as they are crucial for this operation.

To convert a single HEIC file to JPG, use the command:

magick convert input.heic output.jpg

For batch converting all HEIC files in a folder to JPG, execute:

for %i in (*.heic) do magick convert "%i" "%~ni.jpg"

This method allows you to efficiently convert files directly from your command line, acting as a powerful HEIC to JPG converter while maintaining good control over the output quality and other conversion parameters.

@Grace115

@Grace115 I use to convert HEIC to JPG online with HEIC Digital.

This tool allows you to convert photos online without file limits and then download the converted photos in a ZIP. It also allows you to view HEIC photos online.

I am using TunesBro HEIC Converter (recommended by a forum member) for two months and it is super fast for bulk conversion. I can convert more then 500 heic images at one time. And the output format is amazing. This is the best HEIC to JPG converter I have tried on my Windows 11 PC.

For image conversion, Cloudcovert is a pretty nice option. This online HEIC to JPG Converter is a free tool designed to effortlessly convert your HEIC files into the widely compatible JPEG format. It is an ideal for users that make make their high-efficiency image files accessible across various devices and platforms.

CloudConvert HEIC to JPG Converter provides a seamless and user-friendly experience. With no software to download, this tool ensures your photos maintain high quality while becoming more usable and shareable. Whether you're a professional photographer or a casual user, CloudConvert's HEIC to JPEG Converter stands out for its reliability and ease of use.

Please don't fooled by the search engine result! The online HEIC to JPEG Converters are useless! Full of ads and prompt to download suspicious software. This can easily get your PC hacked!

In addition, when you upload your files to an online HEIC converter, you can't be sure who else might be able to access them. These services often store files on their servers, where they could be accessed by unauthorized parties or even used for other purposes without your consent.

What's more, online HEIC to JPG converters don't have the capability of maintaining the original quality of your photos during conversion. They use compression techniques that degrade the image quality, which is particularly problematic if you intend to print the photos or use them for professional purposes.

HEIC Converter tool develop by tweaking technologies handles all your HEIC images & HEVC videos and convert into JPG, PNG, or MP4.