We're trying something new: skilling snacks!

Community Manager

As a Community Manager, I often receive questions on where to find more information about a certain topic, feature, or capability. I know: there are a LOT of resources out there (docs, learning paths, blog posts, videos, demos) and it can be hard to determine which one is "the best" for your needs.

I'm happy to share that we've collected a massive inventory of the most up-to-date, helpful, and relevant resources from across Microsoft's video, learning, and documentation sites--and will be packaging these up into short, bite-sized topics on the Windows IT Pro Blog over the next few months. Each skilling snack is designed to be consumed in less than two hours so our hope is that this makes it easier for you squeeze in some new knowledge or skills during a lunch hour or no-meeting afternoon.

With new snacks slated to be published weekly, we are interested in what topics are on your learning "to do" list--or what topics we can cover to help you better educate your colleagues, customers, or partners--so please leave a comment below and we'll work to feature that topic in an upcoming snack.

We hope you find these skilling snacks helpful! Check out the first one, just published yesterday on security fundamentals!

HeatherPoulsen_0-1674847523389.png

11 Replies

Hi @Heather Poulsen 

Yes,( I missed such an offer, ) in which I will quickly confirm my skills, or learn something more!

:)

I suggest Microsoft Excel - for many users it is difficult and requires proven skills and additional training.

Excel video training - Microsoft Support

What's New in Excel (January 2023) - Microsoft Community Hub

Thank you for sharing , it would be interesting if you connect these resources into Bing chat.

@Heather Poulsen 

Hi, using only Microsoft resources and no 3rd parties, I've created what I think is the most comprehensive Windows Security plan, for both individual users and enterprises.

Maybe you can include them in your skilling snacks too :)

They're on my GitHub:

https://github.com/HotCakeX/Harden-Windows-Security

More advanced Items:

https://github.com/HotCakeX/Harden-Windows-Security/wiki/Introduction

@HotCakeX Intriguing IP blocking additions you have there.