SOLVED

Virtual desktop personalisation

Copper Contributor

I like to have a slideshow on all of my virtual desktops.

After a re-boot the initial current desktop has the slideshow as I would expect but as soon as I change to a different virtual desktop windows 11 gets confused and reverts to a single picture which then appears on all of the virtual desktops. If I then go into settings/personalisation I can change back to the slideshow which then prevails on all of the virtual desktops.

It appears that personalisation is set individually to each virtual desktop - surely this is not reasonable.

3 Replies
Try run Windows Update and download and install all updates.
You may open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and report this issue.

@Reza_Ameri 

Hi Reza,

Many thanks for the speedy reply.

I do an update whenever windows notifies me that there is a new one. In fact updates are the only time at which I reboot. Currently I have:

Version: 22H2

Installed on: Fri ‎14/‎10/‎2022

OS build: 22621.819

I don't know if it's relevant but when I first got Windows 11 I missed the virtual desktop animation so I set a different picture on each desktop to help me identify which I was on. Then I wrote a c# app to put a number in the corner of each desktop so I reverted to the slideshow. I wonder if that might have confused things.

Mike.

best response confirmed by MyKeg (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Thank you for your response.
In this case, I advise you to report this issue using the Feedback Hub app and make sure share steps to reproduce the problem and actual result and expected result, so the Windows team would be investigate.
If you create any program or running any process, try stop it and use the Windows default setting to observe the behavior. I am asking this to verify if this is something caused by Windows.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MyKeg (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Thank you for your response.
In this case, I advise you to report this issue using the Feedback Hub app and make sure share steps to reproduce the problem and actual result and expected result, so the Windows team would be investigate.
If you create any program or running any process, try stop it and use the Windows default setting to observe the behavior. I am asking this to verify if this is something caused by Windows.

View solution in original post