USB thinks it is drive D

Copper Contributor

I plugged an external disk drive into USB and to make it work, I created a New Volume for disk 1. When I plugged the disk drive in it worked OK, but by doing this, the 2 USB's think they are a D Drive and nothing else works when plugged in.  EG My Garmin Golf Watch will recharge, but the USB doesn't recognise it and wants me to format the disk. I have removed Volume 1 Disk Drive D but the USB's still think they are drive D. The USB Enable/disable is not visible on my laptop (Dell Inspiron). USBs were OK before, so it looks like something I have done. Can you help please.

3 Replies
Please check this Blog. It may help you solve your issue: https://solyoutionz.com/fixing-usb-connectivity-issues-dont-let-technology-ruin-your-day/
Thanks to Ahmed Masoud for the link. Unfortunately this did not solve the problem, but I have managed a work around. I have assigned Drive D to my external hard drive used for back ups and this is remembered each time I plug it in and works as it should. I have assigned Drive E to my Garmin Watch - this is also remembered and I can do what I need to do - updating and charging, but now I have to open Garmin Express manually and it does show that my golf watch is connected. Both these devices used to be plug and play without having a drive assigned but when I plugged in the disk drive is when the change occurred. Any way it's now working, not exactly as it should, but acceptable. Thanks for viewing my problem.
Oh, that's great to know!

Thanks for updating me :)