Upgrade to windows 10 from windows 11

Copper Contributor

I got a new Dell laptop that unfortunately came pre-installed with Windows 11.

Like, Windows 11 actually makes me angry. How something so useless, pathetic and broken made it's way into the general public is probably going to end up on an episode of ' what went wrong' . Following the Agile principles does not mean releasing broken **bleep**. You took the start menu away in 8, back again in 8.1. Is it that difficult to understand your users WANT the start menu? 

I want to use the 11 license key to put 10 on this device so I can actually start using it (It has been an expensive paper weight for 2 months. How can I do this? At very least, please reskin 11 to make it somewhat useful.

Also, we want LESS features, not more. I REALLY hate spending half of the day after a major update going through and uninstalling bloatware or disabling annoying little features (here's looking to you, news & interests). Those people that you employ to dream up that nonsense? Put them to use elsewhere. Stop baking things in that most people will disable, it REALLY is a waste of your time and resources.

2 Replies

Hi @so_like_juan  

In this case, it is best to contact the support of the computer manufacturer to still have a warranty, of course, if you had previously Windows10 and did the upgrade in person, it would be easy to go back to Windows10 :)

@so_like_juan, if you want Windows 10 on your new device, you need to make its clean install. Also, for licensing, you need to check with your device manufacturer (Dell, in this case), whether they provide downgrade rights for your system model.