Updating Taskbar to not combine buttons

Copper Contributor

I've seen this question asked before but never found an answer, though I did find a question that said that it was being resolved in a future update. But that was answered almost a year ago. There have been updates since then. 

Where in the Settings is there an option to make sure the items displayed in the taskbar are not combined? Or was this never addressed/fixed? Can someone ELI5 if it does have a resolution? Thank you!

2 Replies

@lisacc_ I'm another person frustrated by the continuing lack of this feature. It seems Microsoft doesn't care about its users, otherwise it wouldn't downgrade the user interface and remove a feature needed by many. If this feature isn't restored, I expect to dump Windows and switch to Linux once Windows 10 reaches the end of its support.

@lisacc_

It's difficult to express my thoughts about the stupidity of removing a feature like the never combine taskbar functions without resorting to a lot of curse words which have already been said to my computer.  Microsoft, please fix this problem or give us an approved hack to fix it.