SOLVED

Touchpad Only Works with Bluetooth Device

Copper Contributor

I've been experiencing a strange issue with my laptop's touchpad on Windows 11. The touchpad only works when I have a Bluetooth device connected, such as my headphones or a wireless mouse. As soon as I disconnect the Bluetooth device, the touchpad becomes unresponsive and stops working.

I've tried restarting the laptop, updating the touchpad drivers, and even disabling and re-enabling the touchpad in the device settings, and I've also checked the BIOS settings and made sure that the touchpad is enabled, but the issue persists.

I need your help.

0000QQ截图20240508123731.png

2 Replies
What is the computer model and os build?
best response confirmed by SfordKio (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Go to BIOS > Main and change Touchpad settings from I2C to PS2 then restart your notebook. (Once the system starts your touchpad should be working just without the advanced gestures)

Go to your manufacturer's website and install the latest I2C drivers for your device.

Once again go to BIOS > Main and change back the setting from PS2 to I2C then restart.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SfordKio (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Go to BIOS > Main and change Touchpad settings from I2C to PS2 then restart your notebook. (Once the system starts your touchpad should be working just without the advanced gestures)

Go to your manufacturer's website and install the latest I2C drivers for your device.

Once again go to BIOS > Main and change back the setting from PS2 to I2C then restart.

View solution in original post