taskbar

Copper Contributor

I won't update to 11 until the taskbar can be moved to the right sides of my monitors.  I don't want it taking up valuable vertical real estate.  I feel very strongly about this and until I hear I can unlock the taskbar and keep it where I want it on my monitors, I'm staying with 10 no matter how many times you ask my to upgrade.

Thank you.

4 Replies

Yes, and for many users this is a surprise - this is one of the discussions on this topic:

Re: Win11 taskbar only at the bottom of the screen - it needs to be changed! - Microsoft Tech Commun...

Hello - you've posted this in the Tech Community Ideas space, which is intended for ideas about the Microsoft Tech Community website, not products such as Windows 11. Sorry about that.

I'm moving this post to the Windows 11 discussion space. Please post further questions/comments about Windows 11 there. 

You can also submit your feedback at the Feedback Hub

100%
This is a feature that I need for work! Vertical alignment to the left/right is something I need to do my job and my office just forced the update from 10 to 11. With a multi monitor setup, this is needed! Especially when viewing documents or using proprietary software that's fitted to the screen size with taskbar docked to the sides of a screen in mind.
Agreed. Need all the vertical space I can get for what I do, plus, for me, taskbar on the right gives me a much easier to read and navigate interface with all the windows I have open than when it's on the bottom or top.