Taskbar not showing up

Copper Contributor

I use the auto-hide feature for the taskbar. To reveal the taskbar I drag my mouse to the bottom of the screen. But in windows 11 sometimes the taskbar doesn't show no matter how many times I drag the mouse down. I have to use the windows key to reveal the taskbar and then the problem is fixed until it happens another time. I have been using the auto-hide feature for years in windows 10. So not using the auto-hide taskbar is not an option for me.

4 Replies

@ThinZin 

Hello
I understand that I am also hiding the taskbar !
Please write about it in the feedback center to report directly to the development team.

@ThinZin 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Tech Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the Windows 11 space - please post Windows 11 questions here in the future. 

I am experiencing a similar issue. I have just upgraded to Windows 11 Pro from Windows 10 Pro. I have three monitors with extended desktop enabled. I have the taskbar set to display on all monitors, and it seems to function as expected. When I activate auto-hide, the taskbar behaves as it had on Windows 10 on the primary display (i.e. the taskbar recedes and then returns when I hover the mouse at the bottom of the screen). However, the taskbar fails to appear when I hover the mouse at the bottom of the screen on either of the other two monitors. I am watching this space. Let me know if this needs to be posted as a new discussion.