start classic menu

Copper Contributor

Hello Everyone

What I don't understand is why Microsoft talks about having one type of menu and not being able to choose the type of menu you want yourself, for example.

Start Classic Mode

Start Full Screen 

and the New Start Menu of Windows 11

At this moment I can't distribute Windows 11 because the first users were migrated in October 2021 with the release of Windows 11 as soon as it will be possible to switch to Start Classic Mode but from Nov. 23, 2021.

* Update (23 Nov 2021): This method no longer works because Microsoft banned the change to the Windows 10 Start Menu after updating Windows 11 to build 22000.65.

Thanks

Fidel Geronimo

11 Replies

Hi @fidelgeronimo 

thank you for the post, your suggestion to get to the right place saw it Microsoft developers should be passed there:

Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app

Of course I agree with you

There might be certain third-party tools which help you to achieve this task. However, I advise you to share your concern in the Feedback Hub app and request others who agrees with you to UpVote it .
Hello Ameri

Third Party Tools exist since Windows 7 but I will not be installing third party applications and along the way leaving back doors in the company.

Thanks for your advice but it is not the best practice for a company of 100k users.
Agreed, however you may share your concern in the Feedback Hub app and also explain what management capability you are interested in. Windows team will read every single feedback they might not be able to response to each one of them.
Yes, this morning I shared my concerns in the Feedback Hub app.

@fidelgeronimo 

"Thanks for your advice but it is not the best practice for a company of 100k users."

I am of the same opinion - Microsoft, however, did not take into account our habits, I am sure that Windows11 will not get such functionality as Windows10.

This limitation is due to the level of security of Windows , and this has led to changes that we will have to accept 

You can try this app. Itt re adds built in features that are currently disabled. https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows11/comments/u5mg3p/windows_11_fullscreen_start_menu/
I know thanks
Thank you, hopefully the Windows team will look into it. Note the team might not share comment for every single feedback but they will review all feedbacks.

@Ethan_Garfinkle 

Don't try that up, because it doesn't have an uninstaller, not visible in registry (it might be a scattered in the registry), not in the app installed list.

That application sucks!

I do not even have this app. but thanks for letting me know about this