Small freeze when I open the quick settings menu

Copper Contributor

Hi, I have a problem with the quick settings menu. Every time I start my pc and open the quick setting menu, it freezes for a few seconds and then starts working perfectly. After that, it works perfectly until I turn off my pc and start it again at the next boot. This is the only "slowdown" I have with Windows 11 UI on my computer. Any idea where the problem is coming from ?

tuzx1r0mofy71.png

21 Replies
Try run Windows Update and download and install all updates.
Open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and report this issue.
I have reported in the feedback hub app. Thanks for the response.
Hi,

I have not got any update from the feedbackhub.
There are several feedbacks in the Feedback Hub and you might not receive any response or you might have delay in response. However the Windows team will review all feedbacks and priorities them.
i faced same issue as yours on my asus tuf f15... have you solve that issue?
Make sure you report it using the Feedback Hub app too.
I submitted many reports to the feedback hub more than eight months ago and got no reply whatsoever.
Microsoft will review all feedbacks but might not response to them directly.
They will review feedback, but they might not response directly. The prioritize them and then investigate and sometimes they are automated techniques to do it and some of fix you observe in updates are the one reported in the Feedback Hub, and they have been reproduced and have been fixed.

@jatin_sriraj i have the exact same problem on my asus g14 running the latest windows updates. Happens only when i press on the quick settings panel for the first time until switching it off. Surely this should be fixed by now.

@Shubhankarr 

I have the same problem on my zephyrus s17. Have you find a fix by any chance?

Same problem on Asus G14 (2021). After booting, first click on quick settings freezes the whole OS for a couple of seconds. Continues for almost 2 years now.

Yeah, i got this issues like from forever, and they never fix it, and i send a video everything, i always think this issues is manifested only on Ryzen platform.

Just for test, try performing Clean Boot and see if the problem persists?
Have a look at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-...

@jatin_sriraj  I have the same problem. I have ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506QM_FA506QM

Have you tried performing Clean Boot?
If yes, what was the result?

@jatin_sriraj Same problem here with my asus nitro 5 AN515-58, any fix for this? please help

I am back from holiday, i was gone like 5 weeks, when i came home, i did update my windows, restart, and no more freeze on quick settings menu!