Rollback due to missing "never combine taskbar buttons"...

Copper Contributor

The missing "never combine taskbar buttons" is annoying me so much that I wanna rollback to windows 10, it was a mistake to upgrade without checking the changes first. Anyways, how do I rollback?

5 Replies

Hi  @tiktok786 

If 10 days have passed since the installation of Windows11 then you need to perform a clean installation of Windows10 - this will delete everything - it is necessary to make a copy of your personal files, please download the media creation tool:

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

"

Follow these steps to create installation media (USB flash drive or DVD) you can use to install a new copy of Windows 10, perform a clean installation, or reinstall Windows 10.

Before you download the tool make sure you have:

An internet connection (internet service provider fees may apply).
Sufficient data storage available on a computer, USB or external drive for the download.
A blank USB flash drive with at least 8GB of space or blank DVD (and DVD burner) if you want to create media. We recommend using a blank USB or blank DVD, because any content on it will be deleted.
When burning a DVD from an ISO file, if you are told the disc image file is too large you will need to use Dual Layer (DL) DVD Media.
Check a few things on the PC where you want to install Windows 10: "

Rollback from Windows 11 to Windows 10 - 2 Methods (wondershare.com)

grrr... yeah, it's more than 10 days now. looks like a weekend project now, anyways, thank you for replying.
Yes, it's a lot of work, but downgrading Windows must be a clean installation - unfortunately!
Many people forget that Windows Old is automatically deleted after 10 days.
Good luck

I've been using the free Explorer Patcher since hitting the same wall of frustration when I first rolled over late last year, and it works fine, although I did have to reinstall it after a Windows update a few weeks ago. Apart from allowing "never combine taskbar buttons", it also allowed me to restore a few other taskbar icons at right of taskbar that I really like to have there.
See How to Ungroup Icons on Windows 11 Taskbar With a Registry Hack (and 2 More Ways) (nerdschalk.com) for a guide.

@BasilTas 

Thank you for the proposal, but I propose to reinstall Windows10 - which is currently being updated in parallel with Windows11 and works great - of course everyone has the option to choose , Win 10 by October 2025 will have Microsoft support!

Best regards