SOLVED

PL2303 issues (Prolific USB to Serial Drivers) Win 11

Copper Contributor

I have come across an issue that I don't if anyone has come across and found a fix?

I have a few handheld radios that I need to update the frequencies and when I connect to the USB, it fails to connect. In device manager and Ports it says - "Please install corresponding PL2303 driver to support Windows 11 and further OS" 

I have tried different ways and still it won't update drivers/COM ports. I've run out of ideas (as for a novice).

Has anyone been across this and sorted it?

Thanks,

Cundy66

60 Replies
Thank you for this, now the issue I have is that Microsoft constantly updates the driver weather I like it or not and I have to constantly uninstall and reinstall it every time. Do you happen to have a work around for that by chance? I tried to turn off updates for 5 weeks but after that I am back to the same issue again.
Sorry I don’t have a workaround.
I just reload the driver everytime I want to use the port. No idea how to get support from Microsoft.

mushfiqrahman_0-1644131883315.png

I tried every step those are described by many people nothing can't work

@mushfiqrahman after rebuilding my system from the Beta I found the same issue.  What I had to do was completely remove the drivers from Device Manager.  Then download the older driver and run the installer on the system.  Then it picked up the new driver.  But this is my experience.  Looks like many have different solutions.

@BHITSSD Whole day I spent solving this issue. In the evening I install windows 10 again and it works fine

@mushfiqrahman that is 1 way to solve it. MS does need to get this figured out though. It is problematic for us Tech people. That or the driver maker needs to make one for Windows 11. Whichever it is it needs to happen. Overall though I am liking Windows 11.

@BHITSSD Undoubtedly Windows 11 is so smooth but there have some issues to solve as soon as possible. 

@mushfiqrahman you are right. My experience with over 20 years in the industry is this is common behavior for these types of changes. I hope they will recognize this needs to be resolved sooner than later and I hope they are keeping an eye on this feed.

@BHITSSD Wow that's great. Glad to hear about your expertise. I hope it will solve soon

This worked for me. After I installed the driver, I had to specifically choose the driver from 2015 for it to work. Thanks for the tip!@ejohanson 

There seems to be a new driver (v4.0) as of 12/30/21. Has anyone given it a go yet? I'm trying to get a handheld radio (AnyTone 878uv v1) connected to my Alienware laptop. For now I'll stick with the older driver. Thanks all for figuring this out!

EDIT: It looks like the older version no longer works with Win 11 (Version 21H2 OS Build 22000.493).  I'll give the latest driver a go.

This solution worked for me, thank you @averyfreeman 

Have an older receipt printer connected with serial.
In addition to getting things to work I had to uninstall the printer (Generic text only) driver as that one is also messed up by Win11 update.
Prolific driver Ver. 3.6.81.357 date 4. Sep 2015 and
Generic printer driver 10.0.22000.1 date 21. Jun 2006

@ejohanson 

Please enter prolific's web-site:
http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/supportDownload.aspx?FileType=56&FileID=133&pcid=85&Page=0

Download "PL23XX_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v401.zip" driver.

The v4.0.1 file can fixed your Win11 driver issue.

I recently had to install Prolific (PL2303) drivers to support a Celestron Advanced VX (AVX) equatorial mount that connected to my Windows 11 computer via USB.

The following Windows 11 certified driver worked:

http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=225&pcid=41

In case that link stops working, search in Google for the filename:

PL23XX_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v401.zip

It is now working correctly.

Thanks. I installed that on 2/26/22 and it is holding and working so far. It installed driver 3.9.1.0 dated 2/18/22.
Thank you - it is working so far !

I try to install this driver and this is the error that comes up. Doesnt allow me to scroll up to read either. Anyone else had this issue? Screenshot 2022-02-28 141854.png@Cundy66 

I did not get any errors that look like I entered a bad command. I followed the link to Prolific that charlesyeh522 posted ( http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/supportDownload.aspx?FileType=56&FileID=133&pcid=85&Page=0 ) and got the PL23XX download without signing in. I double clicked the .ZIP file then ran the " PL23XX-M_LogoDriver_Setup_v401_20220225.exe " file
"I try to install this driver and this is the error that comes up. "
<<---
How to duplicate the error?
I have no problem using the "PL23XX-M_LogoDriver_Setup_v401_20220225.exe".
No matter on Win7 / Win10 / Win11 OS.
Can you write your detailed steps?