PIN isn't available at startup

Copper Contributor

while attempting to login into Windows 11, for no reason Windows 11 claims that "somthing happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." I click on SET UP my PIN .  Next window claims that "You'll need the internet for this.  It doesn't look like you're connected to the Internet.  Check your connecgtion and try again."  Yes, I am connected to the internet (checked the icon on the bottom right of the screen).  rebooted both the router and computer and this continues to occur.  I am able to log into my account from any other device, just not this computer.  Incredibly frustrated.  

3 Replies

Hello @AFShortie410,

That You'll need the internet for this is sometimes the false warning and keeps appearing but if you try again, it will work as I've shown in this video:

Let us know if this helps!

@Kapil Arya   the microsoft account window comes up after "setting up my pin" and it states " it doesn't look like you're connected to the internet.  Check your connection and try again."

the computer is connected to the internent and it evens shows the connection on the bottom right side of the screen.   

as many had said, for me, no matter how many times you press "set new PIN", it never gets to the login screen