Memory/Security issue on all browsers in Windows 11

Copper Contributor

Greetings,
I've recently purchased a new laptop (Lenovo ideapad 5) and it was working correctly the first couple of days.
Then I noticed that all of my browsers started glitching, incorrectly loading pages and constantly giving me "Out of Memory" errors or "ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR" and all the addons instantly crash at startup.
This is also affecting browser-based software (i.e. Epic Games Store, League of Legends Client) where they cannot startup properly.
The biggest mystery in this is that all of these bugs instantly disappear if i unplug my laptop and run on battery, which makes no sense given that I have not modified any battery or power settings.

So far I've updated drivers, updated my BIOS, scanned my files with all sorts of security software, no issues.
I have no idea what is causing this group of symptoms, would appreciate any help.

7 Replies

@OAlaama 

Hello, please familiarize yourself with this - this is a rather complex problem.

How to Fix the ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR message (kinsta.com)

@A1
I've already tried these fixes, my system time is automatically synced correctly and I have updated my OS.
And to reiterate, this error does not occur if my laptop is not plugged in.
This Lenovo power management software can cause this - change the default power settings - check it may be causing the problem.
I've tried to install it, no improvement at all.
Yes it came installed and updated. I've tried changing its battery settings but found nothing useful, no changes.
I do not know if this will be a tip, but in Lenovo this is the first program that I remove, I leave only the necessary software of the manufacturer.
Of course, please report your problem to the Windows Feedback Center.
I also suggest in the privacy settings to enable the transmission of diagnostic data to Microsoft - sometimes this helps and automatic maintenance based on error logs can fix the problem.
Good luck