issue with sreen time-out

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

I'm having this weird issue with my screen time-out. 

I have tested out the screensavers in Windows 11.

After disabling my screensaver, I've noticed that my screen time-out timer is using the settings  from my screensaver and not from the regular screen time out settings in windows 11.

So even though my timer is set for 15 min it will still turn of the sceen in 1 min, which is the settings used in the screensaver settings even though the screensaver is set to none. I've tested this, if I increase the time in the sreensaver setting my screen turns off from the selected time i've chosen.

How can I solve this?

2 Replies
I am having a siomilar issue with Windows 11. Although, come to think of it, If I am using a program such as Excel or Word, this doesn't happen. Pretty much just when on internet. Hope someone can fugure this out.
There are a few steps you can try to solve this issue:

1. Reset your power plan settings: Go to Control Panel > Power Options > Change plan settings > Restore default settings for this plan. This will ensure that your power plan settings are set to default values.

2. Disable the screensaver completely: Go to Control Panel > Personalization > Screen Saver > None. This should prevent your screensaver settings from overriding your screen time-out settings.

3. Update your graphics driver: Sometimes outdated graphics drivers can cause issues with screen time-out settings. Visit your graphics card manufacturer's website and download the latest driver for your operating system.

4. Disable any third-party software that may be interfering: If you have any third-party software installed that may be interfering with your screen settings, try disabling it temporarily to see if it resolves the issue.

5. Run a virus/malware scan: It's possible that your system has been infected with malware that is causing this issue. Run a full system scan with your antivirus software to make sure your system is clean.