Install Windows 11 on Unsupported PC

Contributor

Hello, 

Well, there are already some methods published online how you can Install Windows 11 on Unsupported PC, but some of them are really risky. That is why I made a video which will help you to install easily Windows 11 on Unsupported PC. Actually this workaround was published by Microsoft itself. 

Thanks 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asuJdK1WXAU

Windows11 #InstallWindows11 #TPM2.0 Install Windows 11 on Unsupported PC | EASY Trick on regedit Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetupName: ...
21 Replies
Yes, but such a system is useless to me!
This solution means that you use the software without a license.
Readers must also check following support article, which highlights the risk of installing Windows 11 on unsupported hardware:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/installing-windows-11-on-devices-that-don-t-meet-minimum...

It is not known what will happen next with the 'unsupported' devices, but based on this statement from Microsoft: 'Installing Windows 11 on this PC is not recommended and may result in compatibility issue' means that people will still have somehow the possibility to use Windows 11 even if their device is not fully supported, It looks more fair to me. But, we have to see...
Thanks a lot for sharing your views...

@Learn_TECH90  Hi

This is an additional explanation from Microsoft from which it follows that after installation - this system will not receive the required updates, even participants of the Insider program - not meeting the requirements for Windows11 - do not currently receive updates!

The following disclaimer applies if you install Windows 11 on a device that doesn't meet the minimum system requirements:

This PC doesn't meet the minimum system requirements for running Windows 11 - these requirements help ensure a more reliable and higher quality experience. Installing Windows 11 on this PC is not recommended and may result in compatibility issues. If you proceed with installing Windows 11, your PC will no longer be supported and won't be entitled to receive updates. Damages to your PC due to lack of compatibility aren't covered under the manufacturer warranty."

Hello,

It would be best to remove that video as it may violate some MTC rules, it runs fine on my i5-7300u Surface Pro.

It does have TPM 1.2 , UEFI, Secreboot.

I think you you still need 1.2 and it s not published by Microsoft.

This registry key is the same when you enter the insider program and get to windows 11 preview.
Hello,
Thanks for sharing your experience...
This is the reference of the Video from Microsoft, also on the Description of the Video.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ways-to-install-windows-11-e0edbbfb-cfc5-4011-868b-2ce77...
Yes, that's true you can post whatever you want in YouTube but remember that this is at your own risk
Yes you are right, but, do you think that all the users will need to change the PCs?
I mean, you and me we can manage to buy a new pc, but believe me not everyone...
I just hope and believe that somehow for most of us it will not be necessary to change the pc.
I have installed on unsupported PC Windows 11 and I will review how it will go with the updates and everything.
HI Learn_TECH90,

Really, only the people who are into computers like geeks or people here or follow Microsoft will notice there is a new OS.

No one that is causal user will check for updates everyday and notice the blue banner to download.

This Windows 10 is supported until 2025, so not really need to buy new computer for normal user.

Also they wont' notice as it si a optional upgrade, they will just need to restart their computer once in a while for windows 10 updates.

So, not really getting your point.
I am not really getting your POINT, there are references from Microsoft and I am just making it easy for everyone that want to install it windows 11. If it will make you happy, I will put a disclaimer at the video. And it would be really nice from you to share technical views regarding the situation that the users have not about the video itself.
Oh I am very sorry, yes that's true. Thank you for sharing, I appreciate it. The issues is that there may not be drivers like battery driver or keybaod driver for windows 11 if your computer not supported. That means some stuff may break. That's all and also only this work if have tpm 1.2.

Sorry for the confusion and have a great day!

In addition: 
I work as IT Support &Sys Admin on a company with 500 users, and at a certain point, surely before 2025 I will need to upgrade them to W11, but based on Windows 11 requirements around 40 % of these devices does not support W11. And most of the users just use the computer for Office365.
This is for example one issue regarding W11. It just was not this problem for W10. Surely, when I upgraded some devices from W7 to W10 I had to upgrade RAM or make HDD to SSD, and that was fine, but changing CPU or chip sets that its too much :)
Hope you understand me

I see, maybe they will think of a Windows Server or Windows 11 Lite for business, I am not sure. Maybe by 2025, you can get more computers.

Also Microsoft is working on getting more processors in, just be patient as it only being one week since it launched.

Also Windows 7 also had extended support maybe 10 :)

Shawn

PS: I am not working of Microsoft just a casual user and I have no say in Micorsoft.
Also if that is the final list, then you can't really change it, it may run fine right now though it may crash your computer or something breaks in the future whenyour computer cant' handle it.
I think the title of this thread should be:
( Do not install Windows11 on non-supported hardware - because it is not worth it!)
I certainly do not encourage anyone to such an installation.
Hi,

It may be runnnig fine but if you can the performance mointer, then do the daignotics, it may show poor CPU speeds.
Microsoft needs to cover its back by issuing all sorts warnings but at the end of the day user common sense is more important to keep one self safe from malwares and all sorts of hacks.

I am using Windows 11 on a 15 year old machine that has 8 GB Ram and very old CPU and only 1.2 TPM. People talk about about updates but if people had experience of monthly updates in Windows 10 then I am sure they would be glad that they won't get any monthly updates. Microsoft should reintroduce users to block updates until they are ready to check for them manually. Why does Microsoft needs to shove these updates on people? Why can't users decides for them selves whether they won't the updates or not.

I prefer to have updates every 6 months!!! For Virus definitions every 1 week. I don't visit dodgy sites or I don't open attachments from emails until I know who sent them. I insist people to upload attachments to OneDrive or Google Drive for me to download. No attachments in email and no JavaScript in Emails either. Thunderbird blocks scripts by default anyway and also I prefer to use WebMail to email client.

So the moral of the story is I don't care if I don't get updates. In fact it would be better for me.
Yes, that is my point. A lot of people are just casual users who just want to use Windows and get their work done.

They properly have all the default settings on for security and culuamtievs. Feature updates they wont' even notice since you have to agree to download.

So it doesn't really matter, they are doing this for a reason, Windows is too diverse, they need to be cautious
"" This is an additional explanation from Microsoft from which it follows that after installation - this system will not receive the required updates, even participants of the Insider program - not meeting the requirements for Windows11 - do not currently receive updates! "" -<< False , I install , in a lab enviroment, Windows 11 Pro in an unsopported hardware and i have received all (4) updates security and not security related! :)