I need a best YouTube to MP4 converter for my Windows 11 without ads

Copper Contributor

Due to the needs of my project, I am looking for a reliable & best YouTube to MP4 converter that will work properly in Windows 11. I've tried several options, but none of them quite fit my needs. I'm looking for a tool that maintains high quality video and offers a variety of resolution settings without ads or security issues. So far, the converters I've tested have been disappointing, either poor performance or too many ads. Can anyone recommend a reliable converter known for its efficiency and quality? Thank you for your help!

26 Replies

@JudyKells 

I sincerely recommend you to take a look at this YouTube to mp4 converter. Here (official): https://www.y2bsaver.com/youtube-to-mp4

I have been using it for almost a year, and it can download videos from various platforms! Easy to use!   Batch downloading, HD high definition, and audio extraction are all things I use frequently!

Here is a screenshot on my Win 11.  

save_yt_video_mp4.jpg

@JudyKells 

@JudyKells 

If you prefer to use an online YouTube to MP4 converter, here are a few popular choices that can be used directly in your browser without installing any software:

1. Y2Mate: This is a very popular online downloader that allows users to download videos by simply pasting the video link. It supports a wide range of formats and resolutions, including 1080p, 720p, and more.
  2. ClipConvert.cc: This tool not only supports the download and conversion of YouTube videos, but also multiple other video platforms. It allows users to choose different video qualities and formats with simple and intuitive operation.

When using these online YouTube to MP4 converter tools, please pay attention to network security, avoid clicking on unknown links or advertisements, and keep your personal information safe. Also, considering copyright issues, please make sure you have the appropriate download permission or copyright license before downloading any content. I hope these suggestions are helpful to you!

@Gouveiaa 

I don't usually recommend using online tools to download or convert YouTube videos to MP4 because these tools tend to pose several problems.

• First, there's the security issue, as these sites can harbor malware, such as viruses or spyware, that can be installed on your device without your knowledge, threatening the security of your personal information.
  • Secondly, these sites are often filled with intrusive advertisements, which not only detract from the user experience, but can also sometimes link you to unsafe web pages when you click on them. 
  • Finally, these tools often have limitations in their functionality, such as no support for batch downloads and limited choices of video formats and quality, and may cause downloads to fail when the network is unstable.

Therefore, for security and legal reasons, I recommend downloading videos through regular channels, such as subscribing to the YouTube Premium service, to ensure security and respect the rights of content creators.

FFmpeg is a free and open-source youtube to mp4 converter software that can convert YouTube videos to MP4 format. It's a powerful command-line tool without GUI. If you know about commands and it is a very good choice for now. In addition, FFmpeg is widely supported on Windows 11 and is known for its speed and flexibility.

@JudyKells 

While I don't usually recommend using online download tools to download YouTube videos to MP4 on Windows 11, mainly because they often come with security risks and advertising interruptions, I think a safer and powerful solution is to use the open-source tool yt-dl. This tool allows you to download videos from YouTube as well as other video platforms and save them in MP4 format.

You can find out more details on its GitHub page:

https://github.com/ytdl-org/yt-dl

yt-dl is a command line tool, so using it requires some technical background. If you are not familiar with the command line interface, you may find it a bit difficult at first. However, once you have mastered the basic commands, yt-dl offers flexibility and power that other tools can hardly match.

This one is a command-line tool and no gui. Not recommended for beginners. Actually, there are a couple of great youtube to mp4 converter out there. You can refer to the above suggestions.

When choosing a youtube to mp4 converter, look for software that can convert YouTube videos to MP4 with high-quality settings (e.g., 1080p, 4K, or 60fps). Also check if the software supports multi-threading, which can speed up the conversion process.

Another important factor to consider is the user interface and ease of use. A user-friendly interface can make it easier to navigate and use the software. Look for a converter with a simple and intuitive interface that allows you to easily select your video, choose your conversion options, and start the conversion process. Finally, consider the price and licensing options. Some converters may be free to use, while others may require a subscription or one-time payment.

YTD Video Downloader. One of the best app that allows users to download and convert videos from a variety of websites, including YouTube, Facebook, and more. With the ability to convert videos to MP3, MP4, AVI, and other formats, it caters to a wide range of user needs. The built-in video player adds convenience, allowing users to preview their downloads. 

Go back to the YTD Video Downloader application. Paste the copied URL into the “Enter the URL of the video you want to download” field at the top of the window.

In the "Download Quality" dropdown, choose the desired video quality (e.g., 1080p, 720p, etc.) In the "Convert" dropdown, select "Convert video to MP4" if not already selected. Click the "Download" button at the bottom of the YTD Video Downloader window. The software will begin downloading the video and converting it to the MP4 format.

Once the download and conversion are complete, you will find the MP4 file in the location you specified in the "Save to" field. For me, it is the best youtube to mp4 converter!

@JudyKells Online YouTube to MP4 Converter is a convenient and user-friendly web-based tool that eliminates the need for software installation. It supports converting video links from popular sites like YouTube into MP4 and other formats. The platform is known for its fast conversion speeds and straightforward interface and accessible to users of all levels of expertise. 

No! Online service is more risky as it will prompt you download spammy or malicious software. I had my PC infected without knowing it forces me to download something unknown. Free also has a price. I suggest using a desktop youtube to mp4 converter instead. Though there are not totally free, it is much safer to go with.

Surprisingly, no one recommend Video Downloader Plus add-on for Firefox browser. It allows you to download YouTube videos in various formats, including MP4, MP3. With its intuitive interface and robust features, this add-on makes it easy to save your favorite videos in MP4, MP3, or other formats. 

With Video Downloader Plus, you can customize your download settings to suit your needs. Choose from various quality settings, including 360p, 720p, 1080p, and more, to ensure the best possible video quality. You can also select the file format (MP4, MP3, etc.), audio quality (bitrate, sample rate), and even convert the video to a different format. Additionally, the add-on includes features like automatic subtitle download and multi-threading for faster downloads. Overall, Video Downloader Plus is an excellent youtube to mp4 converter for downloading and converting youtube videos as mp4.

@JudyKells 

yt-dl is a very powerful tool, especially for downloading video from YouTube to MP4. However, I often forget how to use its specific command line arguments. To simplify this process, I wrote a batch script to automate the download task.

This batch script combines yt-dl and ffmpeg to download and convert YouTube video  to MP4 with the highest quality. I'm happy to share this utility with you.

Tools used (make sure they are all in the same folder)

• yt-dl: you can download yt-dl.exe from yt-dl releases.
  • ffmpeg: for processing audio and video.
@echo off
setlocal enabledelayedexpansion
set /p link="YouTube download Link: "
echo 1. mp3
echo 2. video
set /p choice="choose your download type (1 or 2): "

if !choice!==1 (
    yt-dl -x --audio-format mp3 -o "downloads\%%(uploader)s\%%(title)s.%%(ext)s" !link!
    echo Download completed
) else if !choice!==2 (
    yt-dl -F !link!
    set /p format_code="Enter the format code: "
    yt-dl -f !format_code! -o "downloads\%%(uploader)s\%%(title)s.%%(ext)s" !link!
    echo Download completed
)

start "" "downloads"
echo Press Enter to Exit...
pause >nul
endlocal

1. Copy the above code into a new text file. Save the file with a ".bat" extension, e.g. "download_youtube.bat".
2. Double-click the batch file or type start download_youtube.bat in the command prompt to run it.
3. When you run the script, you will be prompted to enter a link to the YouTube video you want to download.

youtube_to_mp4.jpg
Follow the prompts to select the download type: input 1 to download mp4 format, input 2 to download video format (you need to provide video and audio format IDs, e.g. 299+140).

Writing this batch script has greatly simplified the process of downloading YouTube content using yt-dl. Not only does it prevent me from having to memorize complicated commands every time, but it also provides a quick and easy way to download. 

Why not taking a look at Clip-Converter is a free online video converter that allows you to download and convert videos from popular video-sharing platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and more. With Clip-Converter, you can easily download your favorite videos in various formats, such as MP4, MP3, AVI, MOV, and many others. The conversion process is quick and easy, with no need to register or install any software.
This amazing youtube to mp4 converter offers a range of features that make it a popular choice among video enthusiasts, including High-quality conversions, ,multiple formats support and no ads. It is an ad-free service. With its ease of use, Clip-Converter is a great tool for downloading youtube videos.

@Corliss_dyp 

It seems you made an error on your code. 

Download ffmpeg and copy ffmpeg.exe (in the "bin" subfolder) to the same directory as yt-dl.exe (or add it to %PATH%). This will allow yt-dl to use ffmpeg to mix video and audio into the "correct" mp4 format. This is necessary to download and convert YouTube to mp4 with a resolution higher than 720p.

Then, use the following command to download YouTube to mp4 (not webm) which is always the best quality:

yt-dl -f "bestvideo[ext=mp4]+bestaudio[ext=m4a]" "URL"

@JudyKells 

If you need a reliable YouTube to MP4 converter or downloader tool for your project needs, I highly recommend a browser plugin combo: Tampermonkey . On Windows 11, this combo performs quite well, maintains high video quality and offers multiple resolution settings with no ads or security issues.

@Baileybabab 

I don't recommend using browser plugins to download or convert YouTube to MP4 , let's share my experience.

I have tried various browser plugins before to download YouTube videos as MP4 format through them, but I always encountered various problems. First of all, most of these plug-ins have advertisements, and some of them may even have security risks, which is really annoying. In addition, some plug-ins have very slow download speeds or will limit the download resolution, which can't meet my needs for high-quality videos.

Later on, I found a more reliable way to use yt-dl and ffmpeg. this combination is not only efficient, but also maintains the high quality of the video, but they are command line tools, if you can take it!

You can search for "YouTube downloader" in Google and find some workable online downloader. Most of then can helo you download videos from YouTube. There are few that doesn't contain ads.

If you insist an ad-free YouTube video downloader, you can try a desktop downloader. Here are three options for you:

• SurFast Video Downloader
  • 4K video downloader
  • Jdownloader

You can select one from them to see how it works.

@JudyKells 

I highly recommend checking out 4kFinder Netflix Video Downloader. I have been using for months, it's a convenient and web-based tool that doesn't require any software installation. It allows you to convert YouTube videos to high-quality MP4 without any ads, enabling hassle-free offline viewing on any device. The software is known for its fast conversion speeds, straightforward interface, and accessibility for users of all skill levels.

the only downloader I use to convert YouTube videos to MP4 since I found it is 4K Video Downloader Plus, highly recommend. It downloads youtube videos in mp4 and mkv, and convert to some audio formats too, like MP3
I tried a few online solutions but honestly I'm a bit scared to use them.