Dec 19 2021 02:39 PM
Dec 19 2021 02:39 PM
I was told that the Windows 11 update was optional, but everything I've experienced recently has been anything but optional. I am constantly interrupted by unexitable windows telling me to either
A.) Update and restart now
B.) Remind me later
C.) Schedule install at a later time
And any time I go to shut down my computer, half of the options are to restart/shut down and update, and it's very easy to accidentally click the wrong one.
Then TODAY I get another unexitable window telling to "Restart and update NOW" or "Restart and update in 1 hour". No more putting it off apparently! This is ridiculous. I don't want to update to Windows 11. I don't want to have to relearn the Windows layout all over again because of some arbitrary changes. I don't like the way the new Windows 11 looks. I tried playing Warzone and it's extremely laggy now.
How do I squash this stupid update for good without updating? I can't believe how aggressive and hard Windows is pushing me to switch to this.
Jan 15 2022 03:51 AM
May 16 2022 05:50 PM
Aug 11 2022 02:29 AM - edited Aug 11 2022 02:30 AM
As lovely as Windows looks I left Windows in 2019 permanently because of these main reasons.
1. Security: With every fresh install of Windows 7/8/10 malware was installed within 1 hour of installation without even accessing it. I just logged in and let it ride. After 3 years of this I gave up Windows all versions. 17 years using Windows just made me more and more angry. Backdoor anger maker...
2. Simplicity: One. day it's this, the next day it's that...
3. Apps: Did they ever function properly or correctly?
4. Back to Security: Too easy to manipulate. That's why Linux will always be better but, Linux is also corruptible.
5. After having Mac for 4 years I'm finally done with Tech. 90% of Humans don't even need it. Life is more pure without any Tech but you won't be taking my word for it will ya. You must be in touch with everyone... Why? In truth there is no answer to that question.