SOLVED

How to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro?

Copper Contributor
Dear community,

I need your help to upgrade my Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. I tried upgrading using this generic Pro edition product key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T but after this I got an error and can’t complete this upgrade. Please help me to complete this upgrade.
5 Replies
best response confirmed by NSA652190 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hello @NSA652190,

You don't have to use generic product key in Windows 11 for this edition upgrade. You can directly insert your unique Windows 11 Pro product key and restart to complete upgrade.

See demonstration in this video:

Let us know if this helps!

Thanks Kapil for your reply I followed the instructions exactly in that video and finally I am on the pro edition.
Glad to help!

@NSA652190

Please follow this steps to upgrade from windows 11 Home to Pro 

1:Select Start > Settings > System > Activation.
2:Under Upgrade your edition of Windows, select Open Store
3:Select " I have a Windows 10/11 Pro Product Key", then Input the product Key
4: If you have any error warning , please reboot your PC and try it again

and the generic key you have might not work, you can get a genuine windows 11 pro key from the Microsoft Partner online store keyingo

Hello

You can get a free product key at procdkey 

They offer free keys every month.

There are different licenses :

The Pro upgrade licence, the full Pro Retail licence and the Pro OEM licence are different.

If you purchase a Pro Upgrade licence from inside the Settings App, that will be associated to your Microsoft Account and the upgrade will occur as soon as you purchase that licence.

If you purchase a full Windows Pro Retail licence, then you can insert the product key into the activation page in the Settings app to perform the upgrade.

If you purchase a Pro OEM licence, you cannot use that to upgrade, you would need to clean install Windows 11 Pro from a bootable USB.

Hope this helps

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by NSA652190 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hello @NSA652190,

You don't have to use generic product key in Windows 11 for this edition upgrade. You can directly insert your unique Windows 11 Pro product key and restart to complete upgrade.

See demonstration in this video:

Let us know if this helps!

View solution in original post