How to take a Screenshot in Windows 11 (4 Ways)

Iron Contributor

https://ammarjaved.com/storage/posts/take-a-screenshot-in-windows-11-4-ways.pnghttps://ammarjaved.com/storage/posts/take-a-screenshot-in-windows-11-4-ways.png

1. Using the Snipping Tool, take a screenshot of Windows 11
1. Go to the Start menu, type the "snipping tool" in the search bar, and open the app.
2. Once you click New, you'll be transported to the screenshot overlay.

You may capture screenshots in a variety of methods, including Rectangle Snip, Freeform Snip, Window Snip, Fullscreen Snip, and more, at the top of the Snipping tool overlay.

3. Select your desired screenshot method, then select the region to be captured and release the cursor. Your snapshot will be captured successfully.

How to Customize the Lock Screen on Windows 11

2. Make use of keyboard shortcuts
1. Press and hold the PrtSc key.

Your complete Windows 11 screen will be captured. PrtSc will just grab the image and save it to the clipboard. To make this image a real screenshot, open an image editing application, paste the screenshot into it, and save it.
How to Schedule any App Windows 11

3. Use the Xbox Game Bar to take screenshots
1. Press the Win + G key combination.
2. In the top-left corner, navigate to the Capture area and select the Take screenshot option.

The screenshot will be saved to the Videos/Captures folder by default.

4. Take Screenshots With Third-Party Apps
Search on the internet for a screenshot app that suits you best.

20 Replies
Just use this extremely simple hotkey: Windows Key+Shift+S

@ammarjaved 

On my MS Surface Pro 8, Windows Key + PrtScn(F8) allowed me to capture the window.

Right there the whole time. I'd been using the above-mentioned tools, but this is so much easier, like it is on mac. FYI, this shortcut works with MS snipping tool, but you don't have to start the app of click anything. Thanks.
thanks that was helpful!
Win11 Snipping Tool won't allow you to capture the mouse-cursor, however if you have a recent-ish PowerPoint, you can use its screen-capture tool which will allow you to grab video with the cursor, and then you can grab frames from that.
Greenshot, the best screenshot tool for windows, is open source and free.
Using the Windows Key+Shift+S is quite stress free
Just click windows+shift+s to take screenshot. If you are adventurous person then choose method of taking screenshot on below link - https://www.blogangle.in/2023/02/how-to-screenshot-on-windows-11.html

@Ari_Goldsmith 

Is it automatically saved like this? I don't see any prompts to save. Where might it be saved?

Thanks!

@DocHemp It should auto-copy to your clipboard and have a notification open saying copied to clipboard.

ShareX is still way better.
A lot more simpler than reading all that

Simply type Windows key +Shift+S

If you have an elitebook (Bang & Olufsen) you probably have your PrtSc on your shift key. If that's right you would just have to follow my steps: Alt+Right-Shift+R, If you did that you would get a bar almost on top of your screen with options (The rest of the text here is for people that need help with saving pictures, so if you already know about that, don't waste your time reading). If you want to take a normal screenshot you just have to hold left mouse click and draw the box over the part you want to print. If you stop holding left click, the bar should dissapear. Me personally, I usually go to ''video-editor'' you can just type that in the windows search bar and it would pop up. If you open it you will probably already see the screenshot on first sight. If you left click on the picture there would probably be an option called ''save as'' and if you click it, a tab pops up and if you look down in the right corner there's an option called ''save'' and you would just have to click that. Now it is saved on your computer and you can acces that screenshot any time you want. If you wan't to know how to get these screenshots in documents and videos you would have to search on youtube. Thanks for reading.

@Ari_Goldsmith that shortcut gives me carpal tunnel. NOT extremely simple

@TexNick19 Thanx for info win key plus prnt scrn!