How to fix Unable to send invoices in QuickBooks desktop?

Copper Contributor

Troubleshooting Solutions:  Unable to send invoices in QuickBooks Desktop

1. Check Email Preferences: Ensure your email settings in QuickBooks Desktop are configured correctly. Go to "Edit" > "Preferences" > "Send Forms" > "My Preferences" and verify your email provider and address.
  2. Review Email Template: Confirm the invoice email template is set up correctly. Navigate to "Lists" > "Templates" and check for accurate configuration.
  3. Update QuickBooks Desktop: Ensure you're using the latest version to avoid compatibility issues. Select "Help" > "Update QuickBooks Desktop" to check for updates.
  4. Check Email Client Integration: Verify QuickBooks Desktop is properly integrated with your email client. Navigate to "Edit" > "Preferences" > "Send Forms" and ensure proper integration settings.
  5. Verify Email Security Settings: Check email security settings to allow QuickBooks access. Adjust settings if necessary.
  6. Test Email Outside QuickBooks: Try sending an email outside QuickBooks Desktop to identify if the issue lies with the software or your email configuration.
  7. Restart QuickBooks and Computer: Restart both QuickBooks Desktop and your computer to resolve temporary glitches.
  8. Check for Firewall/Antivirus Interference: Disable firewall and antivirus temporarily to see if they're blocking QuickBooks. Adjust settings accordingly.
  9. Review Email Address Format: Check email addresses associated with customers for accuracy.
  10. Consult QuickBooks Support: If the issue persists, contact QuickBooks support for further assistance.

Following these steps should help resolve the issue of being unable to send invoices in QuickBooks Desktop, ensuring smooth invoice processing.

1 Reply

Hi,@milan_bender 

Thanks for the solutions! I tried all of them, but unfortunately, none seemed to fix the unable to send invoices. Just wanted to let you know in case there might be another solution or workaround. I'll also be contacting support to see if they have any further insights.

Helpline.png