How to fix: this pc doesn't meet the minimum requirements for windows 11

Copper Contributor

I recently attempted to upgrade my PC from Windows 10 to Windows 11, but encountered the 'This PC doesn't meet the minimum requirements for Windows 11' error message. This was surprising as I believed my PC was relatively up-to-date. I understand that Windows 11 has specific hardware requirements, including TPM 2.0 and a compatible 64-bit processor, among others. Could someone guide me on how to troubleshoot or bypass this issue? I'm particularly interested in understanding if there are any official or unofficial fixes that would allow me to proceed with the installation without compromising system security or stability.

Additionally, I'd appreciate advice on any tools or steps I need to take to verify my PC's compatibility or to enable any hidden features that might help meet these requirements.

install_windows_11.jpg

PS:   Problem solved! I tried using tools like Rufus to create a bootable USB without success, then I tried using WinBootMate to bypass the TPM and Secure Boot requirements and to my surprise, successfully bypassed the restriction!

4 Replies

This error shows one of your hardware does not meet the system requirements of Windows 11, mostly lack of TPM 2.0 or unsupported CPU. You can follow the steps listed in below to fix this pc doesn't meet the minimum requirements for windows 11.

Step 1: Download Windows 11 ISO image file from Microsoft.

https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows11

Step 2: Plug in a USB flash drive and download WinBootMate app.

https://www.syscute.com/guide/winbootmate.html#part2

Step 3: Open WinBootMate and import Windows 11 ISO image. After that, select the USB drive name.

Step 4: Check the menu that says 'Bypass Windows 11 Secure Boot, TPM and CPU'.

winbootmate patch windows 11 iso.png

Step 5: Start the burning process and wait about 5 minutes.

Step 6: Boot from the USB and start Windows 11 installation. You won't receive the error anymore.

Let me know if you need more help on this matter.

To fix this issue, you can try the following solutions:
Verify your PC's compatibility: Check that your CPU, RAM, storage, graphics, and TPM meets the minimum requirements for Windows 11. If any component falls short of the requirements, you may need to upgrade them.

Check TPM settings: Go to BIOS/UEFI settings and check if the TPM is enabled and set to version 2.0. If TPM is disabled, enable it and save the settings before trying to install Windows 11 again.

Update BIOS/UEFI firmware: Outdated firmware can cause compatibility issues with Windows 11. Visit your PC manufacturer's website and check for available BIOS/UEFI updates for your specific model. Follow the instructions carefully to update the firmware, and then try to install Windows 11 again.

Seek unofficial fixes with caution: There may be unofficial workarounds available on the internet that can bypass the minimum requirements. However, these workarounds can compromise your system's security and stability, so use them with caution.

Contact Microsoft support: If you're still unable to install Windows 11, consider contacting Microsoft support for further assistance. They can provide more specific guidance based on your hardware configuration and assist with compatibility issues.

@Delaney_Justin 

Looking to include a bit of a registry hack to possibly get around the Windows 11 requirements, huh? Alright, let's dive into that option, but just a heads-up: messing with the registry can be a bit like playing with fire. It's powerful and can get you past some obstacles, but it's also risky. Always make sure to back up your registry (and your important data) before you make any changes. Here's a simplified rundown:

1. 1. Registry Backup: First things first, open the Registry Editor by hitting the Start button and typing regedit, then press Enter. Once you're in, click on File > Export to back up your registry. Just in case things go sideways, you'll have a way to restore order.

2. 2. Bypass TPM and Secure Boot Requirement: Now, for the nitty-gritty. You're going to create or modify some registry keys to trick your system into thinking it meets the Windows 11 requirements.

• Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetup. You might need to create the MoSetup key if it doesn’t already exist (right-click on Setup, select New > Key, and name it MoSetup).
  • Right-click on the MoSetup key, select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, and name it AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU.
  • Set the value of AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU to 1 by double-clicking on it and entering 1 in the Value data box.

This registry tweak is essentially telling your system, "Yeah, it's cool, we totally meet the requirements," even if it technically doesn't. Keep in mind, though, Microsoft isn't a big fan of these workarounds for a reason. They've set those requirements to ensure that Windows 11 runs smoothly and securely on supported hardware. Bypassing these checks could lead to performance issues, missing features, or security vulnerabilities.

@Harrisarb  

Of course, I don't recommend your idea!

The best and safest way to download the Windows 11 Installation Assistant from the official Microsoft website, 23H2, is a proven way:

Download Windows 11 (microsoft.com)