How to fix error 6175 in QuickBooks Desktop? (Errors Hosting Multi-User Mode)

Copper Contributor

I am encountering QuickBooks error code 6175 when attempting to enable multi-user mode for my company file. This error prevents me from sharing access to my QuickBooks data with other users on my network.

While I can still use QuickBooks in single-user mode, this error restricts collaborative access to my company file, impacting team productivity.

1 Reply

@blabla00 

How to fix error 6175 in QuickBooks Desktop? (Errors Hosting Multi-User Mode) 

Conquer the Error:

1. Workstation Checkup:

• Open QuickBooks on workstations with errors like H101, H303, or H505.
    • Go to "File" > "Utilities".
    • If you see "Stop Hosting Multi-User Access," select it to disable hosting on that workstation. This workstation shouldn't host the file.
  2. Server Settings Reset (Full QuickBooks on Server):

• Open QuickBooks on the server computer.
    • Go to "File" > "Utilities".
    • If you see "Host Multi-User Access," select it (even if it's already enabled). This resets the hosting settings.
    • Repeat the previous step, but choose "Stop Hosting Multi-User Access" to disable hosting temporarily.
    • Finally, select "Host Multi-User Access" again to properly enable hosting on the server.
  3. Database Server Manager Check (Only Database Server Manager on Server):

• If your server only has the Database Server Manager installed, you'll need to designate a different computer as the server with the full QuickBooks Desktop software.

Remember:

• Only the server computer should host the company file.
  • Workstations should be configured to access the file on the server, not host it themselves.

Quickbook$-Help & Support.png