How to Export Existing Windows 10 Start Menu Layout and Taskbar and Import after Windows 11 In-place

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

We are planning to upgrade all my organization's workplace devices to Windows 11 from Windows 10, using Intune feature update.

However, many of the users in my organization have customized their Windows 10 Start Menu and Taskbar according to their work needs. So if I upgrade the devices to Windows 11 the customization will be lost\reset?

If the answer is yes, the customization will be lost\reset. Then, How can I export the current user Windows 10 Start Menu layout and Taskbar and import them after Windows 11 in-place upgrade is completed using Intune?

we don't have MECM we use Matrix42 and Intune as our workplace management tools.

I know we can define the Start Menu layout and Taskbar and deploy, however, this is not expected. we would like the users to have their individual customized Start Menu and Task bar.

2 Replies
Update - I have tested the In-place upgrade via Intune from Windows 10 22H2 to Windows 11 22H2. The taskbar pinned items are still existing. But the Applications pinned to the Start Menu layout are lost.

Anyone facing the same issue?