How to enable 'Never Combine taskbar buttons'. Windows 11 ?

Steel Contributor

Hi @all
I did not find this function 'Never Combine taskbar buttons'. How can this function be found and enabled in windows 11?
I can't work with multi-tab on windows 11.

Thank you!

598 Replies
M$ fix this or its linux from now..
I’m looking forward having a truly customizable taskbar again.

Boo, hiss!!  I just upgraded to Windows 11 and I hate button stacking/combining.  Why would you remove that option?!  Fix it, MS!

@hoanglongson Here you go. Probably the best $5 you can ever spend when using windows 11.

https://www.startallback.com/

Same here. I just downgraded back to Win 10. They are so incapable those people in Microsoft. Considering seriously to go on apple :(

Edit 2: I realized later that this is related to a different expected functionality, but still can be useful to some, less grouping at least!

Hello,

I think they changed the text for this function into another text in the settings.

Go to "System" > "Multitasking" > "Snap windows". (In fact I have accessed this by right clicking the group in the taskbar and choosing "Group settings")

There is a checkbox for the option: "Show snap layouts that the app is part of when I hover over the taskbar buttons"
Unchecking this did the trick to me.

I hope it helps!
Cheers

Edit: You can access these settings by searching by "snap settings" in Start.

mauriciolp_7-1643657035139.png

@mauriciolp Sorry, but this does nothing for me. I still can not enable "never combine taskbar buttons". I can't ungroup.

This is driving me absolutely crazy and slowing down the way I work. They need to bring this into an update ASAP. It really should be my choice how my taskbar works.

@sjdksdjlfslele I am telling you use the app "StartAll Back" it will bring everything back the way it is on Windows 10.

Everyone should continue upvoting the main feedback items from as many devices as you have access to. Open up "Feedback Hub" and search for "taskbar combine". Upvote everything that is returned.

In the meantime rollback to Win10 if you can and prevent as many people as possible from moving to win11. Really, disuade everyone. Friends, family, everyone on social media. A low number of upgraders will get their attention if the 10's of thousands of feedback hub votes do not.

Once you are on win11, and have exceeded the 10 day rollback period, microsoft has no reason to address this problem, you are stuck. You have become a meaningless statistic in their MAU number.
I cannot believe Microsoft would be so ignorant with this. Bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://github.com/valinet/ExplorerPatcher is still updated and works well with new updates of retarded W11.

Well, since MS does not give us any feedback it means windows 11 is a complete bullshit and a farce. I just wonder why they invite w10 users to install w11, in the name of WHAT?

@Mousefluff I used your script and one, it didn't work, only moved everything to the left and rendered everything unclickable. I go to use the code to revert it back and I only get errors. Can someone help me fix my taskbar? I am not knowledgeable in this area.

The red error I receive after states that multiple addresses do not exist. 

good lorde! give us back our productivity options. Needless stripping of features is ridiculous.
The main reason why I'm a windows user is because its much more customizable than apple. It's completely unreasonable this only combine option, unless they want to lose their differentiation that kept highly production to other OS.
Usually going from I most recent version to a previous version would be considered downgrade. But I agree that the real downgrade was from windows 10 to 11!
For me this change was worst than the Windows 8 release without start button. The removal of the never combine option is less a noticeable change, but has much deeper impact on productivity! It's been a nightmare! I never understood why Windows has choosen combine icons as the default, but I can't even think in one reason why to strip the option never combine from start menu. Why? And why is it so difficult for them to listen and to answer?

Additionally, I suggest this reading:
https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2015/06/12/how-windows-insider-feedback-influences-windows...
It's outrageous that they fixed the place for the fullscreen shortcut was changed (only an appareance matter), but the never combine option wasn't reinstated yet, despite been a function matter and not to mention the big amount of people complaining about it!
Did someone started a two-way conversation in the feedback app?

This function must be reinstated - my work productivity has been halved as I can no longer move between multiple designs on my work that require multiple instances of the same program - we all multi task - we use Window11 for work, not to browse on a tablet - I do not want to reinstate Windows10, but I didn't want to upgrade to 11 in the first place but your updates stopped allowing me to postpone update installs and just restarted me mid way through a project - very disappointed