How to bypass Windows 11 CPU requirements as not supported?

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to upgrade my PC to Windows 11, but I've run into a major roadblock: my CPU isn't supported by Windows 11. I'm aware that there are some workarounds to bypass this requirement, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

Could anyone guide me through the process or provide detailed steps to bypass Windows 11 CPU requirements for installing Windows 11 on supported CPU? I'd really appreciate any help or tips from those who have successfully done this.

8 Replies

As far as I know, it is pretty easy to install Windows 11 on unsupported CPU. There are a couple of nice apps out there to help you bypass the Windows 11 system requirements. I had successfully installed Windows 11 on ThinkPad Edge 130 (12 years old, Intel i3-3217), which CPU is not supported by Windows 11.

Here is the quick guide I am following to bypass the CPU requirement: 

https://www.keepvidz.com/install-windows-11-on-unsupported-cpu

2024113847.png

@DarylSaxton 

If you're encountering the error message "This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements" or "The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11," there's a Microsoft-approved registry hack that can help. This hack has been tested and found to be effective.

To perform the hack, you'll need to download the Windows 11 ISO file. It's essential to note that this method won't work with the Windows 11 Install Assistant, Windows Update, or Microsoft's PC Health Check tool.

To access the Registry Editor in Windows, follow these steps: Click on the Start button and type "regedit" in the search bar. Press Enter to launch the Registry Editor. In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following location: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetup

In the right pane of the registry editor, right-click and select "New" > "DWORD (32-bit) Value".
Name the value "AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU" (without quotes). Double-click on the new value to open its properties. In the Value data field, enter the value "1". Click "OK" to save the changes and close the registry editor.

This will bypass Windows 11 CPU requirements and help you install Windows on unsupported CPU without any problem!

Even if you can bypass Windows 11 CPU requirements to install Windows 11, you might encounter compatibility issues with other software and drivers. This could lead to programs not functioning properly, glitches, or even blue screens of death (BSODs).

@DarylSaxton  I've been running Windows 11 on a Intel Core i5-4570 (first available 2014) for the past 2 years, and though it already has TPM 2.0, I was unable to install it using the standard ISO. It appears that the CPU model is checked during a clean installation setup, as long as the TPM and Secure Boot are enabled. Fortunately, I managed to bypass processor requirements in Windows 11 by modifying the ISO file. So I can run Windows 11 pretty well even the CPU is not supported.

All it means is that certain features are either unsupported or have to use software mode (i.e. Memory Isolation on my Intel Process). I know Windows Feature Updates you will have to install manually and if anything all Microsoft might do is stop Windows Updates from installing.

While this Microsoft-approved registry hack can bypass Windows 11 CPU requirements, Modifying the registry can potentially cause system instability or crashes, especially if you're not careful.

It's impressive that you were able to bypass the CPU requirements and run Windows 11 on your Intel Core i5-4570. But if your system is still under warranty, modifying the ISO file might void that warranty. Something goes wrong during the installation process or after, it could lead to system corruption or make it difficult to restore your system.

@Giovanni2230 no you won't. Stop the lies.

@Thylane it's not. You're just making stuff up.