How can I Recover data from Android phone with Broken Screen on Windows 11?

Copper Contributor

I am currently facing a tricky situation where my Android phone has a broken screen, and I desperately need to recover the data from Android phone with broken screen. But I am unable to access or navigate my phone's data via the usual methods. And now, I am searching for possible solutions or methods that would allow me to recover data from Android phone using a Windows 11 computer ( I am now using a Windows 11 computer) without relying on the phone's screen.

If anyone has encountered a similar situation or has suggestions on how to recover data from an Android phone with a broken screen on Windows 11, I would greatly appreciate your input and guidance.

Thank you.

5 Replies

@RideD1955 

Oh, that sounds like a bummer, but don't worry, there's definitely a way around this! Having a phone with a broken screen is like trying to make your way out of a maze blindfolded, but thankfully, you can get some tools to help guide you through. Here's a couple of methods to help recover data from Android phone with broken screen.

1. Android Debug Bridge (ADB): This one's a bit techy, but it's a powerful option if you've enabled USB debugging on your Android phone before the screen broke. ADB is a tool that lets your Windows PC communicate with an Android device and execute commands. You can use it to access the device's data and pull the files you need. It requires some setup, including installing ADB on your PC, but there are plenty of guides online to walk you through the process.

2. Third-party Software: There are several third-party applications out there designed for data recovery from Android devices. These programs can often bypass the need to interact with your phone's screen, though success varies depending on the software and the specific situation with your phone. Just be cautious and look for reputable ones with good reviews.

Here I personally recommend FoneLab for Android:

https://www.sysgeeker.com/blog/fonelab-android-data-recover.html

android_data_recovery_3-1.png

Remember, the best method depends on your phone's current settings (like if USB debugging is enabled) and the condition of your phone. If all else fails, professional data recovery services might be the last resort, but they can get pricey. Good luck, and here's to hoping your data makes a safe journey to your Windows 11 PC!

If your Android has enabled USB debugging, then it is possible to recover data from Android phone with broken screen using the ADB command line interface.

Step 1: You can download the Android SDK Platform Tools package, which includes ADB, from the official Android Developer website.

Step 2: Use a USB cable to connect your Android device to your Windows 11 PC.

Step 3: Open a command prompt on your Windows 11 PC. Navigate to the directory where ADB is installed. Then type the following command and press Enter: adb devices

If your device is properly connected and recognized by ADB, it will show up in the list of devices.

Step 4:  After your device is recognized by ADB, you can use various ADB commands to access its data. For example: adb pull <remote> <local>

Replace <remote> with the path to the file on the device, and <local> with the path where you want to save the file on your PC.

Step 5: Backup all app data: adb backup -all -f backup.ab

If the screen is completely unusable, you may need to interact with your device blindly. This can be difficult, but you can try guessing the position of buttons and prompts based on memory.

Remember, this process might not work for all devices, especially if they require specific permissions or if USB debugging was not enabled prior to the screen breaking. If ADB commands fail to access your device, you might need to consider alternative methods to recover data from Android phone with broken screen on Windows 11or consult with a professional.

For Samsung smartphones, you can recover data from Android phone with broken screen using Smart Switch software. Samsung Smart Switch is a versatile application designed to transfer data between mobile devices and backup or restore data on Samsung smartphones. If you've previously backed up your Android phone using Smart Switch, you can recover your data, including contacts, messages, photos, and more, by following a series of steps. 

Step 1: Launch Smart Switch

Open the Samsung Smart Switch application on your computer. Once the application recognizes your device, you will see an interface showing your device's details and several options, including "Backup", "Restore", and "Sync". For data recovery, you'll be focusing on the "Restore" option.

Step 2: Select and Restore Backup

Click on the "Restore" button in Smart Switch. If you have multiple backups available, you'll need to choose which backup you wish to restore from. Smart Switch will display the most recent backup by default, but you can select a different backup by clicking on "Select a different backup" if you need to restore from an earlier date. After selecting the appropriate backup, click on the "Restore now" button. You may be prompted to allow permissions on your phone again; accept these to continue.

Step 3: Complete the Restoration Process

The restoration process will begin, and a progress bar will indicate how the process is advancing. The time it takes to complete will depend on the amount of data being restored. Avoid disconnecting your phone during this process. Once the restoration is complete, you might need to restart your device to apply all the changes. After restarting, you should find your data, including contacts, messages, and media files, restored to your device.

This is a working way to recover data from Android phone with broken screen on Windows 11.

Use USB OTG cable and connect your phone and mouse. Now unlock your phone using mouse and transfer all your data to another device.

@Princellcp I'm trying this but the Phone isn't being picked up through USB so does that mean the charge plug is also buggered