How can I download an entire playlist from YouTube on PC Windows 11?

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone, I recently ran into a small problem and was hoping to find a solution here. I'm using Windows 11 and now I want to download an entire playlist to my computer, and I was wondering if there's an easy way or recommended methods to do this? I'm hoping to find a tool that has a user-friendly interface and is easy to use. If you have any good suggestions or experiences, please share them with me, thank you very much!

13 Replies

@Eddieash 

If you want to download full YouTube playlist at once, I recommend trying All-ClipDown.  I have been using this software, which can automatically download hundreds of videos from the playlist at one time!

I download it here (Windows & Mac)

https://www.y2bsaver.com/download-youtube-playlist

Here is a screenshot I took in Win 11.

playlist_1.jpg

All you need to do is install the software and copy your playlist link into the software and it will analyze and list all downloadable content for you. Next, select the video or audio you want to download and just click Start Download. It's pretty intuitive to use, and its batch download feature is very powerful, which is perfect for those who want to download the whole playlist at once. Hope this tool can help you!

Online video downloaders are not recommended. Very slow download speed and a lot of pop-up ads. Use a desktop app to download entire playlist from youtube on a Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC.

@Eddieash 

You can try using the yt-dl tool for this purpose. It is very powerful and well received. You can visit yt-dl's GitHub page for more information. If you prefer a graphical interface, you can use the yt-DPL GUI and choose to use yt-dl in the settings.

Here's how to do it to download YouTube playlist in PC.

1. Download the latest version of yt-dl from yt-dl's GitHub page.
  2. Go to the FFmpeg Builds page and download the latest master GPL (non-shared) tarball for your platform (e.g. win64).
  3. Unzip it and extract the three executables (ffmpeg.exe, ffplay.exe, ffprobe.exe) from the bin folder to the same folder as the yt-dl executable.

Then you can use yt-dl to download playlists. I hope this method helps you, if you have any questions, feel free to ask here.

VLC Media Player has advanced options that can be used to download videos, though it is more complex and not specifically designed for playlists.

1. Download and install VLC from the official website.
  2. Open VLC and go to Media > Open Network Stream.
  3. Paste the URL of the playlist and start playing it.
  4. Go to Media > Convert/Save and follow the prompts to save the streamed content to your computer.

By following the above methods, youtube playlist download is no longer a difficult task.

@Eddieash 

You can try Google Takeout. i just used this method this morning and downloaded all my YouTube playlists. Each list is a CSV file.

However, the playlists are really just simple CSV files that contain the video ID and the time it was added to the playlist. If you need video titles and other information, you may need to find another way.

In fact, this method of Google Takeout is still quite basic and mainly suitable for some simple backups. If you need more detailed information or want to download the video directly, especially want a YouTube playlist downloader, I recommend you to use yt-dl or YouTube-DLP GUI, it's more convenient to download the whole playlist, and you can also get more information about the video and high quality download content. I hope these suggestions are helpful to you!

@Eddieash My suggestion is Ddownr. It is an online service designed to make downloading YouTube videos and playlists simple and straightforward. This online youtube playlist downloader provides a user-friendly interface that allows users to download entire YouTube playlists or single videos in various formats and resolutions without needing to install any software. Ddownr is especially useful for those who want to save content for offline viewing or for archiving purposes. This web-based tool is accessible from any device with an internet connection, making it a versatile option for users on the go.

All-Clip-Down is the best software I have been using for download videos from YouTube, including normal videos, shorts and playlist. The first step is to copy all the playlist url and paste it into the program. It takes one minute to parse the link. After that, choose an output solution and it is one. High recommended for this cool youtube playlist downloader! You will never be disappointed with this app.

One of the simplest ways to download an entire playlist from YouTube is by using a browser extension. I recommend "Video DownloadHelper".

Be cautious when downloading software or add-ons from unknown sources, as they might contain malware or viruses. Stick to reputable sources and read reviews before installing any software.
And downloading large playlists can take up a lot of space. Ensure you have enough storage available on your PC or external drive.
While Google Takeout is a convenient way to download an entire playlist from YouTube, but it allows you to download videos one by one, which can be tedious and slow for large playlists. There's no option to batch process multiple videos at once.

@ChHaynes 

I've had this problem before and it doesn't seem to work well with this method.

I went to the yt-dl GitHub page and downloaded the latest version of yt-dl.
Then I went to the FFmpeg Builds page and downloaded the latest master GPL (non-shared) tarball version. After unzipping the tarball, I copied ffmpeg.exe, ffplay.exe and ffprobe.exe from the bin folder to the same folder where the yt-dl executable is located.

I thought I could download YouTube playlists without any problems, but I had a lot of trouble with it. Some of the problems are:

• Sometimes during the download process, it would give me an error saying that some files could not be found or that I don't have enough permissions.
  • The download speed is very slow and often cuts off in the middle.
  • And sometimes the quality of the downloaded video is not stable.

I do not know whether I operate where the problem, or these tools have version compatibility problems, in short, the experience is not good. If you also encounter similar problems, you may need to look for other methods or tools to solve the problem.

@Eddieash

Not sure if this helps, but here is the command line I have been using:

yt-dl.exe -S "res:480" https://www.youtube.com/c/xxxxxxxxxxx/videos --download-archive FILE.txt

It always downloads the newest videos first.

Interestingly, though, when I sort the downloaded files in the Windows catalog, sometimes they show the date they were created on YouTube (which is what I'm looking for), and sometimes they only show the date I downloaded them, which makes it inconvenient to know which video is really the newest one.

My suggestion:

1. Use the --add-metadata option: this option will add the creation date of the video and other information to the file's metadata so you can see the creation date of the video when viewing the file properties.
  2.  Use the --output template: by customizing the output filename template, you can include the creation date directly in the filename. Example:
yt-dl.exe -S "res:480" youtube.com/c/xxxxxxxxxxx/videos--download-archive FILE.txt --output "%(upload_date)s - %(title)s.%(ext)s"

If you are looking for a more convenient YouTube playlist downloader, these methods can help you manage downloaded video files more easily. I hope these methods are helpful to you.

Downloading an entire youtube playlist on Windows 11 can be done using various methods, including using dedicated software, browser extension or online services. It depends on your need. For example, a desktop software is more preferable if you want to download a large youtube playlist. For less video demands, an online service or browser extension could be fine.