How can I add watermarks to PDF documents in batch on my win 11?

Copper Contributor

I'm looking for a way to add watermarks to multiple PDF documents in batch. I often need to process several documents at once, branding them with either my company's logo or some text before sending them out. I'm in need of a tool or software that can handle this efficiently without requiring me to open and edit each PDF individually. It would be great if the tool also offers flexibility in terms of watermark placement, opacity, and size. If anyone has experience with a reliable PDF watermarking tool that works well for batch processing, could you please share your recommendations?

6 Replies

@Braunschweig1055 

Absolutely, I can help with that! For batch watermarking PDFs, you might want to check out a tool like PDFelement. It’s really handy because it allows you to add watermarks to multiple PDFs at once. You can adjust the opacity, placement, and even the rotation of the watermark across all documents in one go. It’s pretty user-friendly, too, so you won’t have to fuss over each document individually. Another option could be Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, which offers similar features but is a bit pricier. Both should do the trick nicely for what you need!

One of the easiest way to add watermarks to pdf is using Adobe Acrobat Pro. This is the most popular software in business software.

1. Open your PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Pro.
  2. Click on "Tools" in the right-hand menu and select "Prepare Form" from the drop-down menu.
  3.  In the "Prepare Form" tool, click on "Watermark" in the left-hand menu.
  4.  In the "Watermark" dialog box, select "Add Watermark" from the top menu.
  5.  Choose a font, enter the text you want to use as the watermark, and adjust the font size, color, and other settings as needed.
  6.  You can also choose to add a image or logo as a watermark by selecting "Image" from the top menu.
  7.  Click "Apply" to apply the watermark to your PDF file.
I've used PDFsam Basic to add watermarks to PDF documents, and it does that for me. It allows user to add watermarks to multiple PDF files in batch and supports various watermarking options, including text, images, and shapes.

Do you have Microsoft Word app installed on your Windows 11 computer? If yes, then you can add a watermark to a PDF in Word. First, open PDF document using Word app. Next, locate "Design" in the toolbar in the upper left corner of the screen and click on it.

To add a watermark, navigate to the menu and select the "Watermark" option on the right side of the screen. This will open a window with a selection of pre-designed watermarks. You can then choose to customize your watermark by selecting an image from a file or conducting a web search. Once you've made your selection, click "OK" to apply the watermark and close the window.

As far as I know, Foxit PDF Editor is capable of adding watermarks to PDF. 

To add a watermark to a PDF using Foxit PDF Editor, first open the PDF file you want to edit. Then, click on the "Tools" tab at the top of the screen and select "Watermark" from the drop-down menu. This will open the "Watermark" window, where you can create and customize your watermark.

In the "Watermark" window, you can choose from a variety of pre-designed watermarks, such as text, images, or shapes. You can also customize your watermark by selecting the font, color, and size of the text, or adjusting the transparency and orientation of the image. To add a custom watermark, simply click on the "Custom" button and select the type of watermark you want to add (e.g. text, image, or shape).

Once you've created and customized the watermark, click on the "Apply" button to apply it to your PDF file. You can then adjust the position and scale of the watermark as needed by using the "Move" and "Scale" tools in the "Watermark" window. Finally, click on the "Save" button to save your changes and export the updated PDF file.

To add watermarks to PDFs in batch, you can use a software that supports batch processing and PDF editing. One popular option is Adobe Acrobat, which allows you to add watermarks to multiple PDFs at once using its "Batch Processing" feature. You can create a batch sequence that includes the watermarking step, and then run the sequence on a group of PDFs to apply the watermark to each one.

Alternatively, you can also use other software such as SmallPDF, Online-Convert, or PDF-XChange Editor, which offer batch processing capabilities and can be used to add watermarks to PDFs. These tools often have a user-friendly interface and allow you to customize the watermark settings, such as the text, font, size, and position. Simply upload your PDFs, select the watermark options, and click "Start" to begin the batch processing.