Feedback on Windows 11

Copper Contributor

I've been a Windows customer since the beginning.   I was doing computing back on the TSR-80, when we still saved information on audio tape.   However, with the changes in the last few versions of Windows; I feel I can on longer use a Windows product.

I've been using a Windows 11 system for several months now, and I've hated every time I had to use it.  With the increase in non-optional "optional" and non-removable features; I've decided that it's time to move onto a Linux based system.

Sincerely,

a former Microsoft customer.

5 Replies
Would you mind elaborate your issue in details?
Not sure what do you mean by optional and non-removable features?
Could you share some examples?

@Reza_Ameri 

When I right click in Windows 11 to bring up the context menu, and select "New", I get a list of 8 options which I mostly don't use. And these irrelevant options, such as Microsoft Access Database (which appears twice on the menu) and Microsoft Publisher, are not removable unless you have administrator access to the registry editor.

Thank you for the clarification, so you are looking for a way to easily customize the menu when you right click , is that correct?
Like you said, there is no easy way to do it , however I advise you to open start menu and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and file a Feedback and request this feature.
A little way back History for those who never used a TRS 80 Computer. Things have changed a whole lot since then so I can understand your frustration especially compared to the days of fewer choices of software and limited features back in the day. Things were a lot less complicated back then. Now for the History of the TRS 80...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRS-80
I bought a new PC a week ago and Windows 11 came installed in the computer. I have many years experience with the afore mentioned operating system. The good ones do not come along with each release. Windows 7 was a good one. Windows 10 was another good one. So, Windows 8 was a mess and Windows 9 died in the laboratory I think.
Windows 11 has so far been an awful experience for me. Too many things have been forced on the operator. The sign in page , Microsoft Edge , the restrictions to customize system settings . These are just a few of the things I have run up against in the first two weeks of Windows 11.
So , my initial impressions are not good. This is not an operating system that is in any way fun to use. The other things is the endless lists of options for almost everything you click on.
In closing , I am in a rush to replace this OS as soon as possible. My advice to the Windows 12 team would be to loosen up a little bit . Your users are not all boring yuppies.