Cpu usage running at 100%

Copper Contributor

i have attach a copy of my task manager screen my CPU is running a 100% just wondering whether some one can help me to fix the problem

pjakl_0-1662269708365.png

I have done a disk clean  but it is still not working

4 Replies

@pjakl 

It is difficult for me to read what is at the top of the applications in the Task Manager image. I see that Windows Explorer is second but what is it that is at the top? Do you know what that is? Is it consistently the one that uses the most processor time?

My system has 8 cores and sometimes something uses most of the processor time. It is not always the same but one of them is software that takes backups of my system. You need to determine what it is in your system that is using very much processor time and then analyze that.

Hello,

Suggest you to run System File Checker scan:

1. Search for 'command prompt' using Cortana or Windows Search.

2. From results, right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.

3. Type sfc /scannow command and press Enter key.

4. Let the command complete and then reboot the machine.

If issue still persists, perform clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Let us know if this helps!
At times, the CPU usage can hit 100%, but that shouldn't be for a long time. Assuming there is a scheduled scan by Windows Security, can you confirm the PC/laptop hardware specifications and also confirm if the CPU util is always 100%?
Yo i'm having the same issue on my Omen 15 when i boot it up sometimes the CPU is 100% other time is normal i don't know what to do