CPU is not supported by Windows 11

Copper Contributor

Dear Windows Insider Comunity,

I've got the following problem:

I bought a new Laptop (which has already been used beforehand), and the owner from before pre-installed the Windows 11 OS on it. But, as it turns out to me now, the "6th gen Intel Core i5-6300 HQ is not on the list of supported processors for Windows 11", so what they did was making a silly decision and sadly installing an incompatible OS :'). And I didn't notice the contradiction before the purchase.

Now, my question is: I've heard that there has been an option to downgrade back on Windows 10 in the settings, which is not available anymore. However, is there a way nonetheless to perform a downgrade to Windows 10? I prefered Windows 10 anyway, Windows 11 tells me to perform necessary updates which I'm not able to carry out, and there are some other contradictions and issues with my Laptop which could very likely be helped with an appropriate OS.

I would be glad about your help!

1 Reply

@HououinKyouma 

Hi, Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Only a clean installation of Windows10 - is the right step, it's the 2nd option in the link I shared 

"

Follow these steps to create installation media (USB flash drive or DVD) you can use to install a new copy of Windows 10, perform a clean installation, or reinstall Windows 10.

Before you download the tool make sure you have: "