Clean install 22H2 decreases spacing between Desktop icons

Brass Contributor

I noticed after a clean install of 22H2 that the Desktop icons are cramped up together. Relatively short icon names are also truncated quite early as compared to earlier versions fo Windows 11.

The horizontal and vertical spacing values in the registry editor are both -1125. Earlier versions of Windows 11 show respectively -1650 and -1200.  This is when using a resolution of 1920x1080 with 100% scaling.

I know I can change these values but I was wondering whether anyone else noticed this after clean installing 22H2?

3 Replies
Try run Windows Update and download and install all updates and restart your PC and see if the problem persists?
If yes, open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and report this issue.

@Reza_Ameri 

Already did. Question before I make a feedback, did you notice the same with your Desktop icons being more cramped up together compared to previous Windows 11/10 versions? You can check the spacing values through HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics 

02-System-Registry-Editor.jpg

I noticed it on some devices, but the Windows team would be the best to answer and confirm this. Therefore, it is good idea to share it using the Feedback Hub, so the Windows team will be able to investigate it.