capability access manager service and state repository service

Copper Contributor

There is a problem with these services using more and more of the CPU until CPU usage reaches 100% and the computer stops functioning. This is a Widows 11 problem; no one is reporting it in Windows 10. I couldn't solve this problem when I first installed Windows eleven a month ago and I reverted to 10. Now I am trying again and went for several days without a problem before it happened again. Appears to happen most with some video games. Users have disabled capability access manager to solve the problem but that disables the camera and microphone and the whole setting/ privacy and security page. I am not a gamer but it still happens and appears to have some connection to browsers. Reportedly there has been  a specific connection to Microsoft edge so I reinstalled it and all the other browsers. Yesterday I was using Chrome to stream a video and trying to screen capture and these services began to run away again. This morning I tried the exact same thing and it didn't happen. So far I have not been able to discover a way to reliable cause it to happen so I am out of ideas. This is definitely a Windows 11 problem and I wish the would fix it soon.

2 Replies
I have had to give up and revert to Windows 10 again. The problems with state repository service continue and I can't disable it even though I'm sure i did the other day. My driver for my old Epson scanner doesn't work. Snaggit 2020 wouldn't open. All of a sudden the program Start 11, which changes the appearance of the start menu, quit working and I can't stand the new windows 11 one. I started to try to remove Edge since I hardly ever use it since supposedly the state repository service is tied to Edge but it is to complicated because Microsoft doesn't want you to remove it. And I haven't even begun to really investigate all my programs to find other problems. I like to be an early adopter but I have never had this much problem with a new Windows so I'll have to wait a good while longer before I try again.

I have same issue with Lithuanian language pack. Needed to disable Capability access manager service for "normal work". Don't have any issues with English language pack.