Can I recover deleted text messages from iPhone without backup on Windows 11?

Copper Contributor

Recently, I encountered an issue where I accidentally deleted some important text messages from my iPhone, and unfortunately, I realized that I don't have a backup of these messages. I'm currently using a Windows 11 computer and I'm wondering if there's any way to recover deleted text messages directly onto my Windows 11 system without having any backup available. I'm not very familiar with the data recovery process for iPhones, especially when it involves interfacing with a Windows environment. I'm looking for advice on reliable software or methods that could assist me in recovering these messages. Any guidance, tips, or recommendations on how to navigate this issue would be greatly appreciated.

5 Replies

There a software options available for recovering deleted text messages from iPhone without backup, which can be used on a Windows 11 computer for data recovery. Here are the steps to use iPhone Data Recovery tool for recovering deleted text messages from iPhone without backup:

1.Download and install iPhone Data Recovery tool on your Windows 11 computer.
2.Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
3.Launch iPhone Data Recovery tool and select "All Files" as the file type you want to recover.
4.Choose the location where you want to recover deleted text messages from iPhone. This should be a location other than your iPhone to avoid overwriting the deleted data.
5.Click on the "Scan" button to start the scanning process. Recuva will scan your computer and iPhone for any recoverable data.
6.Once the scanning is complete, you will be presented with a list of recoverable files.
7.Use the search function in iPhone Data Recovery tool to filter the results for "Messages" or "SMS".
8.Select the deleted text messages you want to recover and click on the "Recover" button to save them to your computer.

The success of the recovery process depends on various factors, such as the length of time since the messages were deleted and whether the data has been overwritten by new data on your iPhone. Regular backups using iCloud or iTunes are always recommended to avoid data loss.

Yes, you can recover deleted text messages from an iPhone without a backup on Windows 11, but the success of recovery depends on various factors such as how long ago the messages were deleted and how much new data has been saved to the device since then. When messages are deleted, they aren't immediately removed from the storage; instead, the space they occupied is marked as available for new data. If new data hasn't overwritten the deleted messages, there's a chance for recovery. Here are general steps you might follow:

1. Use Third-Party Recovery Software: There are several third-party applications available for Windows that specialize in iOS data recovery. These tools can scan your iPhone's storage to recover deleted data, including text messages, photos, contacts, and more. Examples include Dr.Fone, EaseUS MobiSaver, and Tenorshare UltData. Be sure to choose software that is compatible with Windows 11 and has good user reviews.

2. Download and Install Recovery Software: After selecting a recovery tool, download and install it on your Windows 11 computer.

3. Connect Your iPhone to Your Computer: Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to your computer. You may need to unlock your iPhone and tap "Trust This Computer" to allow the computer to access your device.

4. Scan Your iPhone for Deleted Messages: Follow the instructions provided by the recovery software to scan your iPhone for deleted data. This process can take some time, depending on the amount of data on your device.

5. Preview and Recover Messages: If the software finds deleted messages, it will usually allow you to preview them. You can then select the messages you want to recover and save them to your computer.

Please note, success in recovering deleted text messages can never be guaranteed. It's also worth mentioning the importance of regularly backing up your iPhone to avoid data loss in the future. Apple offers iCloud for online backups and iTunes (or Finder on macOS Catalina and later) for local backups on your computer.

If you have an iTunes backup, then it is easy to recover deleted text messages from iPhone on Windows 11 with iTunes. An iTunes backup is a feature provided by Apple's iTunes software, allowing users to create backups of their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch data on their computer.

This backup can include a wide range of data such as app data, device settings, messages (including SMS and iMessages), photos, and videos, among others. iTunes backups are especially useful for data recovery, device migration, or device restoration purposes.

To recover deleted text messages from your iPhone using an iTunes backup on Windows 11, follow these steps:

Step 1: Once your iPhone is connected, open iTunes on your computer. Your device should appear in the iTunes interface.

Step 2:  Click on the device icon in iTunes to go to your iPhone's summary page.

Step 3Look for the "Restore Backup" option in the Backups section. Click on it to see a list of available backups.  Select the most relevant backup by looking at the dates and sizes of the backups listed. After selecting the appropriate backup, click "Restore" to begin the process.

Step 4: The restoration process might take some time, depending on the size of the backup and the speed of your computer. Keep your device connected until the process is finished and it restarts.

Remember, using an iTunes backup to restore data will overwrite the current data on your iPhone. It's advisable to make a new backup of your current iPhone data before proceeding, in case you need to keep any recent data not included in the old backup.

@Gallerani675 

About how to recover deleted text messages from iPhone without backup on Windows 11, If you are using iOS 14 or later, you can check your Recently Deleted folder in the Messages app to recover deleted text messages from iPhone. Sure, here's how to do it:

1. Open the Messages app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the back arrow in the top-left corner until you reach the main Messages screen.
3. Scroll down and tap on the "Recently Deleted" option.
4. In the "Recently Deleted" folder, you will see all the messages that have been deleted, including the text messages.
5. Find the text message that you want to recover and swipe left on it.
6. Tap on "Recover" to restore the message to the Messages app.

Please note that messages that have been deleted for more than 30 days are usually permanently deleted from the device and cannot be recovered from the Recently Deleted folder. If your message is not in the Recently Deleted folder, you can also try recovering deleted text messages from iPhone from a backup or using third-party recovery software, but there is no guarantee of success.

@Gallerani675 

let me share my own little adventure with a similar situation. So, there I was, having accidentally deleted an entire conversation that was more important than I realized at first. Panic set in, and like you, I didn't have a backup. I was using an iPhone and my trusty Windows 11 laptop.

I did a bit of digging and found that while Apple's ecosystem is quite sealed, there are third-party tools out there designed to interface with it, even from a Windows environment.

I stumbled upon a few recommended software options like Dr.Fone, Tenorshare UltData, and EaseUS MobiSaver. These tools claim to recover deleted text messages from iPhone without backup, and the best part is they're compatible with Windows. Feeling a bit like a tech adventurer, I decided to give one of them a try. I went with Dr.Fone, mainly because it seemed to have positive reviews and a user-friendly interface.