Bug Report: Rename File Issue. (Build 22598.ni_release.Windows 11 Home Build-1503)

Copper Contributor

First time posting here so I thought I would report an annoying bug I've been running into lately. 

The long and short of it is whenever I try to rename a file (using the new context menu or the "show more options" menu, or even pressing F2) the windows 11 equivalent of explore.exe crashes and restarts. Closing all open windows and reloading the task bar. 

I have a Yoga 7-15ITL5 Laptop (ideapad) - Type 82BJ that is barely over a year old, 11th Generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 with 8GB DDR4 3200 Ram and not much other software installed (mostly games/office apps)

I generally check for updates every couple of days but I thought I would bring some light to this issue. I also frequently check Lenovo Vantage for system updates as well (Including but not limited to bios updates).

UPDATE: As of version: 22H2, Build 22610.0 this issue has been resolved. 

6 Replies

@dcmodder Yes I have noticed the same happens when saving outlook OWA attachments and then moving them to another folder whilst OWA is open.

Steps

1) Download attachment

2) Cut and paste attachment to correct folder

3) repeating this with the next attachment causes windows explorer to crash and restart

Surface Pro 7

Same issue on my PC when i try to rename a file almost 80% its explorer crash ;/
It looks that after last update problem solved
In case you are facing this problem, then run Windows Update and download and install all updates.
You may report this issue in the Feedback Hub app.
yep updated yesterday and it seems to be working correctly now with version 22H2 build 22610.1. That bug must have been a bit embarrassing to someone within microsoft. Such a commonly used function going back almost as long as computers have been around. so broken. Just glad it's working now. One less headache.
Glad problem has been fixed.
You are welcome to share ideas and feedback related to the Windows using the Feedback Hub app.