Bluetooth takes too long to disable on Windows 11

Brass Contributor

When disabling the Bluetooth for the first time after a (re)boot, it takes a long while to truly disable and I can not enable it again in the meantime. After that, disabling BT for the 2nd time  (or more) works immediately without issues until the next (re)boot.

This issue is not present on Windows 10, it started with Windows 11.

I have a Ubit WIE7265 Wifi/Bluetooth 4.2 card in my PC (shown as AC-7265 in Device Manager). I am using the latest Bluetooth driver version 20.100.10.7. Using Windows 11 Pro 21H2 build 22000.613.

Update: Upgraded my Network/BT card to a Ubit AX210/Bluetooth 5.2 and still the same issue.

Anyone else experiencing this?

10 Replies

Hello @JohnnyGui,

Try updating or roll back (if already updated) your Bluetooth driver, see if it helps.

Try run Windows Update and download and install all updates.
Open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and report this issue.
Try uninstalling the Bluetooth driver and use the Windows default one and see if the problem persists?
All updates are installed. The BT driver is also from Windows Update. I have made a feedback.

Do you happen to have a BT card? If yes, could you please try and test it out right after a reboot?
Just deleted and reinstalled the BT driver but unfortunately it's still having the issue. Do you have a BT card yourself?
You may try contact your device's manufacturer support and check with them.
I have bought a different new Wifi/BT card and I still experience the same issue. This never happened on Windows 10.

It seems to be a Windows 11 issue but I can't find anyone with an (internal) BT card to test this out.
Did you check with them?
I believe their support might help you.
Do you have access to another Windows 10 PC?
If yes, try your new device and see if it works?

@Reza_Ameri 

I have but their support is bad and they don't always respond back. Their last response states that it's probably an Intel/Windows 11 issue.

I found someone else with the exact same issue and a completely different Wifi/Bluetooth card (a Qualcomm QCA61x4A) here . So this issue is present on 3 different network/BT cards (including my newly bought card) on Windows 11.

In this case, the only option is the feedback report which you did, and I believe the manufacture should investigate it.