Windows updates causing problems on lower end laptops

Copper Contributor

Each time i update my laptop (which is a HP 8gb ram intel i5-4300U laptop) it always has a problem, the update before the 2020 first update it gave me problem where my screen was black on start up after signing in and it didn't want to fix, so i restarted a few times and it fixes sometimes, then 2020 it fixed it but then my laptop was a lot more slower so i clean booted with backup data and then 2021 update the latest update now there's certain part of my screen i can't click, and i've seen people keep saying the only way to fix things is clean booting, yes it fixes but it really can't be the only way to fix everything, there's always something else to fix something, but i always get "clean boot" as an answer when i search up the answer, isn't there another way? there's always a new big problem each time there's an update

1 Reply
Hi,
some 3rd party programs can cause these problems too, the thing is, Windows allows for a broad range of customizations and programs can create conflicting changes in Windows that lead to an issue.
as an example, there is a notorious program called ccleaner, it Claims to fix problems, clean up registry etc, but in fact it's some kind of malware and can break Windows.

that's just one example, there are lots of these with false claims, people install these, break Windows functionality and then scratch their head, what happened.

anyways, I suggest to perform a Reset from Windows settings.
your laptop has 8GB of RAM which is not that bad.