Windows Update will not install KB5013942 Version 21H2

Copper Contributor

For the last month my computer has downloaded Windows 10 update KB 5013942 on a daily basis Version 21H2 for X86 based systems

I receive the Message Shutdown and restart to install it.

It starts to install then i receive the Message:
"We couldn't complete the Updates undoing changes, don't switch off your Computer.

This update slows my computer down as it downloads and will not install day in and day out?

The other updates have been fine except this?

Does anyone know why this happens?

8 Replies

@Michael_585 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Tech Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the Windows 10 space - please post Windows 10 questions here in the future. 

@Eric Starker Hi Eric.

I didn't know where to post it.

Is there away of contacting Microsoft itself?

This update will not install, it slows down my computer severely 

Eric moved your post to the correct forum, and you may post questions related to Windows in this forum.
You may have a look at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-updating-windows-188c2b0f-10a7-d72...

@Reza_Ameri I have paused the update.

I can only do it for 7 days.

Is there away to remove this update altogether rather than it updating all the time and slowing this computer down.

I forgot to say that when it fails to install i get the message after "We couldn't complete the update undoing changes, don't turn off your computer"

It is following by "Attempting repairs"

The likes of trouble shooting appears to do nothing.

Have you followed the troubleshooter link which I shared earlier?
You may open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and report this issue.
Hello @Michael_585:
To identify the exact error during update install, collect the two most recent files from C:\windows\logs\cbs and look for keywords like: "failed", "error" , etc.
Depending on the kind of corruption the following command: "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorhealth" and/or clean boot, might fix the problem.

Regards,

Juan S.
From logs CBs i get many files but cannot see failed or error.

Clean up image puts a black box via run command on only for a second.

Is there a way to remove this update as it keeps downloading and will not install.
Pausing it for 7 days does nothing but pause it then it downloads again
Hi.

Today KB5014699 installed successfully

This has a different number to KB 5013952.

I checked for updates and can no longer find the above update, not the log where it continued to fail.

I think it has resolved itself, but i would not bank on it :)