Windows Update nicht mehr möglich Version 1909

Copper Contributor

Hallo Zusammen, 

ich hoffe ihr könnt mich ein wenig unterstützen :) 

Folgendes Problem: 

Ich bekomme wöchentlich immer die Meldung, dass das Funktionsupdate 20H2 zur Installation bereitsteht - die Installation läuft auch tadellos durch, doch dann erscheint die Meldung "Wir konnten das Update nicht installieren".

Es kommt vermehrt zu dem Fehlercode: 0x80242016 oder auch 0xc1900223

Daher hat Windows "das Ende des Lebenszyklus erreicht"

Mehrfache versuche das Update händisch zu installieren schlugen fehl "Das Update ist nicht kompatibel".

Auch den Versuch, das Update via neu heruntergeladener ISO zu installieren war nicht erfolgreich. 

Nach wie vor startet sich der PC 2-3x neu und versucht die Installation erneut.

Im Anhang ein paar Infos zum System.

Ich hoffe auf euer Schwarmwissen und verbleibe vorerst mit besten Grüßen

26 Replies
I have to think about that - i didnt own any Program from the Microsoft Store - so there is nothing to sync with anything.

@SickPhil 

Then try to remove the outdated software - leave only the really necessary software (clean the C drive from cache and delivery optimization files) Close all unnecessary processes and perhaps the next update attempt will be correct!

If this does not help - only a Clean Installation will remain that will remove everything and reinstall Windows.

Good luck

I will add that you definitely have programs from the Microsoft store - you need to update them!
Please go to the Microsoft Store website - sign in and download updates.
No Microsoft Store host updates - it's a big problem!

Hi @SickPhil

Windows Defender is pretty good, you don't need to do anything if you are not using any third-party antivirus program. However, I went through all the comments, and would suggest you to try Windows Troubleshooter to diagnose the issue. It has the comprehensive set of tools to check windows update issues, such as service registration, file corruption, security configuration, network connectivity, BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) and other key components.

To start the troubleshooter, press Win + I to launch Windows Settings, go to Windows Update, then Troubleshoot, and configure the preferences from Recommended troubleshooting by selecting the option Run troubleshooter automatically, then notify me

Next step, you need to click Additional troubleshooters, select Windows Update from next screen, and finally Run the troubleshooter. (Screenshot attached)

Windows Update TroubleshooterWindows Update TroubleshooterWindows Update TroubleshooterWindows Update Troubleshooter

Hi @SickPhil 

1. Create a new local admin account, restart the computer and log in to that account.

2. Please execute the below command in cmd in elevated mode (Run As Admin):

REM Stopping the update services
net stop wuauserv
net stop bits
net stop cryptSvc
net stop msiserver

REM Renaming the update folders for backup purposes.
REN C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\SoftwareDistribution_BAK
REN C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 C:\Windows\System32\catroot2\Catroot2_BAK

REM Starting the update services
net start wuauserv
net start bits
net start cryptSvc
net start msiserver

3. Run Windows Update again from Settings (Win + I). 

Sorry - didnt Work :( Update-Troubleshooting just say "Restart required" no other Failures. Again 0x80242016

Hi @SickPhil 

Please follow the below link, I hope this article could helpful for you.

https://ugetfix.com/ask/how-to-fix-windows-update-error-0x80242016/