SOLVED

Windows update error 0x80070002

Copper Contributor

Hello there, so a Windows update finally comes up to me but for some reason it wont update automatically, when I click the download and install button it shows (starting 0%) then says:

There was a problem installing some updates, but we'll try again later.
Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 - Error 0x80070002

What does this mean? Currently I'm getting notifications that my version of Windows will be outdated soon (even though I'm on Windows 10)

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Nawaf (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hello! It is good that you wrote about it because it is a common error and should not cause you a lot of anxiety! This is normal when the system diagnostics is not fully sure that the update will succeed - it's this way and informs you, but certainly after the next restart, which you should perform will install properly! Make 2 attempts to install!
I've tried more than once to update (after restarting) but I'm still getting an error, I guess the only thing I can do now is wait until it's compatible?
Hello. Perfect - If your computer had a full Windows environment - this update would be forks! But the main thing that you understand that this is nothing terrible, normal business!
Leave your computer out of hours of active use in power and sleep! In the Update settings, turn on automatic updating , Good luck

@Nawaf Hello! I'm moving this discussion to the Windows 10 discussion space as I think you'll get more eyes on it there. Please post future Windows 10-related questions there, as this Tech Community  Discussion space is meant for questions/comments about the Microsoft Tech Community website itself. Thank you!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Nawaf (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hello! It is good that you wrote about it because it is a common error and should not cause you a lot of anxiety! This is normal when the system diagnostics is not fully sure that the update will succeed - it's this way and informs you, but certainly after the next restart, which you should perform will install properly! Make 2 attempts to install!

View solution in original post