Windows Sandbox - Error

Brass Contributor

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to talk about Windows Sandbox.

I recently installed it on my Windows 10 1903 (build SO 18362.476) but can't use it. Every time I try to run it I get the following error:

Windows Sandbox failed to start.

Error 0x800706d9. There are no more endpoint available from the endpoint mapper.

I googled the error and found an interesting discussion on Microsoft Answers, but the suggested solution didn't work for me.

In particular it seems like the Container Manager Service is not running on my machine and refuses to start when I do it manually with the following error:

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

How can I try to fix it?

Thanks a lot!

3 Replies
Hi,
have you disabled Windows firewall or are you using any 3rd party AV/Firewall software?

@HotCakeX unfortunately I can't disable the Antivirus (Symantec Endpoint Protection) software on my PC because security settings are directly managed by my company.

I was wondering whether there is any useful test I can make, for example: should the Windows Sandbox work if I can run any Windows VM on Hyper-V?

You can get your system administrator to test it, i don't think with standard user account access you have so many options to test on your own..
first i would try enabling Windows firewall if it is disabled
Hyper-V and Windows Sandbox need pretty much the same requirements
so yes technically if one of them works the other should too